Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Prickly & Counting the Days

I am exhausted! I am down to the last 5 pages or so of my paper, plus I need to study pretty intensely between now & 7/20 when I take my CLEP for Biology in the hopes of avoiding any more school between now & November. Of course, I am not about to sacrifice my social life for such things so I have been burning the candle at both ends and I am feeling every bit of the exhaustion. I barely made it through yoga & modern dance yesterday I was so wrung out.

Psst--wanna hear some gossip? Turns out Bible Boy is a sex offender. That is right folks! I need to start checking the men out on the internet before I go out with them! Yikes! He was in my apartment a lot! I am hoping my information is incorrect...I did not see him on the 'net under registered sex offenders so I am not sure what this information means. My friend Bea got an email from him on the dating site I set her up on & coincidentally she was at a local restaurant that evening and Bible Boy was the waiter. Another friend with her said he had rented from him in the past and had run a background check on him and that it popped up he was a registered sex offender. This was 13 years ago, so maybe the friend was mistaken. It gives me the willies and really makes me want to rethink the whole online dating thingy. Silly really, because you can meet someone through friends and he could have the same type of past.

It is interesting to me to see the different facets of my personality, neurosis, etc. react to the different men I have dated or are dating. With Joseph I got real quiet and lost the laughter. With Hot College Guy & 27A I got real smart-assy and a "take no shit" attitude. I won't even get into the ex-husband as I completely disappeared from myself with that bastard. With Lovah I am almost militant in my need to preserve my heart--poor guy! I know he is not seeing the real Sassy-Assy but I have not been able to let my guard down completely yet for that to happen. He so carefully analyzes people, conversations, and the like that I often feel like I am under a microscope and I don't like the feeling. Much like an animal in the wild I find the camouflage naturally comes out--sort of like a porcupine...all prickly all the time. Oddly enough, despite this yucky love/emotional stuff, I feel completely comfortable with him. How crazy is that!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Being of an analytical sort myself, I'd say crazy does describe it well, Sassy. Yes, quite well. :-p

As for the sex offender... just what was that friend renting? "Another friend with her said he had rented from him in the past" Is that some vague reference to prostitution? LOL And which one was the renter and which was the rentee?

Well, try to get some rest, Sassy. You need to focus on that paper and CLEP but don't run yourself down too much.

9:35 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi,

I am glad we can agree that microscopically analyzing everything is just plain crazy!

I am amazed that a scientific person such as yourself would admit that!!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Well, to quote from Cool Hand Luke, "What we have here is a failure to communicate". LOL

2:06 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

ooooh i didn't know cool hand luke said that! i thought it was from the gnr song "civil war"!!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Actually it was one of the guards that first said it, but Paul Newman used the line later in the movie to mock the guard so he said it too.

8:55 AM  
Blogger shoeaddict said...

Sassyassy- LOVE the name! Just had to come and say hello and thanks for visiting me!

I do feel very thankful but, it's weird.

I'll be back to read your stuff...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home