Thursday, June 21, 2007
Happy B'Day

On Saturday I turn 39 or as I like to say 27 once again. I seriously still feel very much like a teenager--a much wiser one of course. I really give it little thought about getting old except once in a blue moon when I catch sight of a new "character" line and slather on an extra layer of moisturizer. No grey hair has sprouted yet! Of course, I do keep my hair colored so who the hell cares, but my hair stylist says she has never seen any & she would know. The women on both sides of my family age very nicely thank you! So, at least in one respect, I have a nice gene pool to rely on.

My very dear friend brought my present to me this past weekend and in the spirit of his very wicked humor he wrapped it quite precociously. You see, I am more than a little allergic to the thought of matrimony and bit skittish when it comes to declarations of feelings, he so does like to tease about that. So the wicked man handed me my present (a signed copy of a most interesting book) wrapped in "Bride to be" paper. Grrrr! He shall pay!

This weekend my dearest friend, Ryan, has planned a non-surprise b'day party at my favorite Indian restaurant. It is going to be a cozy affair with some close female friends. I enjoy the thought of being surrounded by all those that have stood by me and supported me since the separation. They have alternately held my hand, hugged me, laughed with me, cried with me, and listened to me in my times of need. I can think of no better way to welcome 39 than to be with this special group of people who care so much about me. Frankly, I am getting all teary eyed as I write this (I know what a shock that is to you reading this), because I don't think I can ever truly show my friends how special they are to me and how much they mean to me. The one thing I hope I never take for granted is the people in my life who love me. If I ever do, I deserve a huge kick in the ass for it. I value each and every one of my close friends and I hope that I visibly show that each time I am with them. You can never have enough loving people in your life--that is for sure! And my close circle of friends is closer to me than my own family.

My birthday wish? Well, I wish I could say unselfishly "world peace", but it really is a selfish wish. I want financial security based on my business growing leaps and bounds and I want to lose those last damn 30lbs I have been working on. Happy Birthday to me!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

30 pounds? There go the girls. Damn.

Happy (almost) birthday, Sassy. I hope it's a happy one with that whirled peas and financial security stuff going your way. Women are just getting into their good years at 39 so there's no need to be wishing for 27 again.

10:22 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi...have no fear--the girls never disappear! The twins have been with me since 5th grade in all their huge glory and short of going under the knife....they always will be in your face so to speak.

I agree...I am just hitting my sexual stride so late 30's really is an extremely awesome time!

10:38 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Holy Moly. Back in 5th grade you were probably only something like 4 feet tall, Sassy. It's have looked like a midget was trying to smuggle watermelons under her shirt. Did they stop you a lot in grocery stores?

3:05 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi--wouldn't you like to know! I may have been tall for my age...you don't even know how tall I am! Such assumptions to make for a science guy.

4:04 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Ha! I triangulated your height from the shadow you cast in that picture of you and your nieces, Sassy. And I might point out that despite all your boasting, those are the only "girls" you've ever shown us on this blog.

Perhaps it's time to get something off your chest, Sassy. LOL

5:19 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi--you just have never looked hard enough on the blog for the chesty photos.

10:02 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

sorry to interrupt your little dialogue here utenzi et sassy!
just wanted to wish you a happy 19th anniversary of your 20th birthday :)

rock on!

1:30 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Happy Belated 27th Birthday Sassy!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home