Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Beautiful Surprises

I ran home today at lunch to pick some things up for school tonight. As I crest the last step on the third floor I see a rectangular box on my door mat. I order a lot of things from Amazon and Ebay so this is not an unusual sight. I approached the door wondering what it could be because I was not expecting anything. I got a little smile on my face when I see "Proflowers" stamped all over the box. A bemused smile because seriously I have not received flowers in years and I cannot begin to think who would be sending me flowers, but yes, there is my name on the box: Sassy Assy so they must be for me. I can't open the box fast enough.

When I tell you that tears sprang to my eyes when I caught sight of the bouquet and read the card, it is no blogland exaggeration. My friend sent them as an early birthday gift. They are just perfect and I love them. I could not wait to tell him thank you and frankly "Thank You" does not even begin to cover how receiving these flowers made me feel. I am still smiling all these hours later just gazing at these exotic blooms...I thought I would share them with you. Bask in their beauty with me. Isn't my friend thoughtful and ever so very sweet?


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Very pretty!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

A little out of focus but quite pretty, Sassy. Perhaps this is Joseph trying to get back into your good graces.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice I can almost smell them!

12:09 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

David--Thanks--although I am sure you have seen prettier things recently.

Utenzi--Joseph never had that much class...no it was someone far more interesting than Joseph.

Mrsmogul--Welcome and they are quite delightful aren't they?

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home