Thursday, May 31, 2007
Oasis in a Sassy Sea























The domestic queen has been dusting off her crown. When I moved into my cozy apartment last September I did not have time to enjoy the charm of my deck and I decided to rectify that situation this year. I bought an umbrella for my table, an adorable glass candle lamp, some butterfly twinkle lights, a small grill and (gasp!) real plants! This has become my peaceful oasis each morning & night. Even though I live in the city I have some lovely countryside to gaze upon.


Some of my cozy accoutrements:









I enjoy my morning coffee and protein bar while I listen to the million birds that seem to inhabit the trees close by. It amuses me to watch Mz SassyKat growl at the birds--as if she is kitty enough to take them on!

Last nite I finally got home around 9pm after meeting with two clients---I believe I was babbling insensibly with the last client and she sent me on my merry way. I headed straight for Panera for nourishment. I got my favorite sandwich---mediterreanean veggie and they have brought my favorite salad back: strawberry poppyseed chicken salad. I headed straight for the deck and basked under the glow of a rosy moon as it rose in the sky. It was a lovely way to end the evening with my faithful furry daughter sitting by my side.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

That does look like a nice oasis, Sassy. I especially like the plant with the blue flowers. I didn't notice the grill out there but the umbrella looks quite inviting.

It's very important to have a nice place to go to relax where the regular concerns of life won't intrude. It's nice that you have just such a place, Sassy.

12:40 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

The grill is tucked away in a corner...unlike men, I didn't view it as a highpoint!

I took the pictures of the flowers so I will remember what they look like come next week when I have managed to kill them!

The umbrella is the best part!!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Are they dead yet? ;-)The black thumb of death planted flowers?!?!?

10:23 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Diane,

So far so good, but the week is young! Congrat on the nuptials.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home