Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Its a Pineapple Martini Night

Tonight is the night! After two years of hardwork, tons of homework, too many presentations to count, a love/hate relationship with powerpoint, a deadweight former study team mate, the world's greatest bestfriend discovered (RYAN), and lets face it, a chunky student loan--the last class for my BBA program is tonight. I am not a little burnt out and exhausted from school. Ryan and I could barely devote even a fraction of a fraction of enthusiasm for our final class project (which frankly is a subjective piece of crap and not reflective of anything useful we have learned in Management Strategies) and our 30 minute presentation. We decided we could stand for once in the program to turn in a C-grade project and if we only do a 10 minute presentation versus a 30 minute, we could live with that too. We just want to get to Frankie Rowland's for the celebratory pineapple martini tonight.

I think I managed to convince everyone in the BBA program to join us for a least one drink. I will probably shed a few tears tonight when I hoist that martini for the initial toast to our success. We are a motley crew of 11 business people who got a late start on the education tract. We have become a family of sorts with complaints of various character flaws, tears shed over the three divorces in the group, happiness for a baby born, an impending marriage (Ryan!!!!!!) and hysterical laughter over my shared dating adventures. Frankly, I never thought the past two years would go so quickly and that in a blink of an eye I would have my diploma. I am educated, hear me roar!

School is not completely over yet, nor graduation assured until we turn in our graduation project in July and I either have to Clep Biology (oy vey) or take two natural science classes. My idea of a good science class is learning about the strawberry and rose undertones in my pinot grigio so pray for me on this front. Then I am taking my SassyAssyness off on vacation. I don't know where or who with (maybe just my alter ego) but I want to lay on a beach, sip some mojitos, read a pile of books that have collected dust, and turn my brain off for short time. I want to celebrate my diploma, my impending divorce, and a good life to be had by all.

Come Nov/Dec I will enroll in the Master of Accountancy with concentration in forensic accounting and the new book of my life will start. I am excited about combining my insatiable desire to find/dig/discover information with my talent for accounting. Again two more years of school.Once that is done, I will sit for the Certified fraud exam. I will then take two more accounting classes and then I will sit for the CPA exam. Somewhere along the way, I want to fall in love. Madly, wildly, completely in love with someone who feels the same about me. I want to see my business take off and soar. I want to become the best dancer I can possibly be. I want to stay healthy. I want to develop a buff body. I want to sit around on a regular basis and be surrounded by the people that are in my life right now who have supported me through thick and thin. I want to always be grateful for the people who care about me and show this gratitude daily. I want to hug my nieces as often as possible. I want to travel on some new adventures. I want to declutter my house. I want to wake up each morning and greet the day with a smile. I want to buy a sexy red convertible car....hey, I am not completely free of material desires!

So tonight, when I hoist that pineapple martini for the first time and say "cheers" I will be cheering for the end and the beginning at the same time. I will be crying a few joyful tears and I will be celebrating my life and how far I have come in such a short time.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Congrats!! On both the finishing up part, and the starting part. I hope you had a great time!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Congrats! You've worked so hard for this.

7:19 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Gracias to both of you!

8:07 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Congratulations to you and your sassiness in making this happen. I don't quite understand the seeming discrepency between your celebrating school being over and your need to take or CLEP out of a few classes, but no doubt that's 'cause I confuse easy, Sassy.

Have a great time celebrating tonight and enjoy your time in the sun on the sandy beach when all those current school things are done.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Fatman said...

I'm always impressed when people can honestly put 'forensic' in front of what they do for a living. Forensic dentist, forensic paleontologist, forensic flower arranger, forensic gas meter reader. They all sound cool! So, congratulations there.

Did you ever hear of that Jason Donovan tv show where he plays a forensic accountant? Apparently an interesting show...if you're into insolvency cases (which, I guess you may be). Have fun with recovering from a pineapple martini-induced hangover and to your new life. Wherever that leads you.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home