Saturday, June 02, 2007
The Dance Whisperer

I was back in Charlotte for another set of dance lessons and the dance social. I was having some technical issues and Nikolai spent time figuring out the dynamics of what I was doing wrong and offering soothing words of encouragement--hence his new nickname, The Dance Whisperer.

I am afraid I got a little tipsy at the social. I usually have 3-4 glasses of chard at the parties, but this time someone switched out the chard for "Bubbly" on trip number three to the bar area. I topped my glass off and headed back to my seat at the table to watch the dancers. I was giggling uncontrollably in a short while as the bubbly went straight to my head. I was too giggly/tipsy to really do justice to the cha-cha, but by some miracle--I nailed the tango including the new steps we just practiced that day. I was feeling no pain and was quite happy. In fact, I was saying about pretty much everything, "That is soooooooooo lovely" with only minor lisping and slurring of the words. Jade took me off to IHOP for some much needed food. I usually can make Jade laugh, but she was doubled over in hysterical laughter at the experience of my inebriated, happy happy state. I believe I even told the waitress the Belgian waffle was soooooooooooo lovely. Fortunately, I did not have a hangover this morning (or I guess, yesterday morning at this point).

I hesitate to speak of my news, but I will give a brief blip of it. A friend--a man--has been on the peripheral of my life for about two years. Some recent events have brought about an opportunity for us to get to know each other better. We have been spending a lot of time on the phone (and I hate talking on the phone, but I sure do enjoy talking to him). We have flirted quite discreetly over the course of our friendship and apparently we both have been attracted to each other from afar. Should I relay these facts incorrectly, I am sure he will be quick to straighten me out as he is a loyal reader of this blog. Wish us both luck that the chemistry we feel over the phone is as strong in person...just a few more hours and we will know for sure.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Fatman said...

Yes! Now this is something I've been wanting to hear. Unexpected love. It's the friend, the one that you can tell everything to, that you should eventually hook up with (says He Who Picks Up Waitresses and Never Returns Phonecalls). Because its Good. Its Honest. And the truth is you like each other because you like each other. Not because you are forcing the issue. Or pretending that something exists even if it doesn't.

2:58 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Fatman--I would never guess that you pick up waitresses and never return phonecalls. Interesting post from you btw...I suspect you would like to find a little of that same kind of action in your life...*wink & kisses*

6:17 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Damn. I need to start reading your blog on weekends too, Sassy. It sounds like it was a busy weekend for you.

Good luck to you and your new beau. I hope it worked out well. It sounds like the time in Charlotte was quite a gas. You might want to be careful with that bubbly!

10:29 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi,
You just don't know how busy! I bet you had a busy weekend too...lots of reading to catch up on and sugary snackfoods to taste!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home