Sunday, March 04, 2007
Taxing the Anti-Bride

I am so having a blonde life at the moment. When I get into tax season, I get into tax season. I live, eat, sleep, dream taxes & tax law. I am weary! Friday night I got home and I could not get my door to unlock and I was getting quite agitated when I look up and realize that I was struggling to open the apartment door below mine! Jeez! The old couple that lives in that apartment were probably terrified. I am really hoping they were not home. Back when I worked full time for a CPA, I would go home and fall asleep while taking a shower I was so tired. I have not done that yet, but close, very close.

I went with Ryan to a bridal show today. When asked by the various vendors if I was the bride-to-be, I answered, "No, I am the anti-bride". While cruising through this hullabaloo I came up with a brainstorm and one of the vendors loved my idea. I want to develop a Divorce Showcase and take it on the road. I will have divorce lawyers there, people offering make-overs, life coaches, dating services, financial advisors. The potential is awesome! I think it can work and I may just have found my business project for graduation. I was glad to get out of the bridal show (sorry Ry!). Ryan's mother was on a mission to find a man for me there. I asked her if she got the irony of looking for a SINGLE AVAILABLE man at a bridal show.

Well, I was not going to continue with the internet dating scene, but in Hellsville USA where I live, finding single men is hard. So I decided to stick with what works for me. The options have not changed much in the short hiatus from that scene. I joined Match.com and there are several potentials. I think I will absolutely barf if I read another line about wanting to find a girl to treat like a princess or hold hands walking along the shore. Gag! Anyway, I have a date for Saturday lined up. We are going to dinner & a movie. He is driving almost 2 hours to meet me. We shall see what happens. He does not have kids (thank goodness!) and he appears to have a good sense of humor, he likes to dance and said he is willing to learn tango. I have no nickname for him---yet! It maybe a quick trip to the Sassy graveyard. Wish me luck! Maybe I should just become a serial dater. Dating is much more fun than all the relationship nitty gritty.

The anti-bride is taking herself off to bed (alone, sigh).

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I know several guys that use Match and the other sites. One guy we talked to about it his site read like he was living in fantasy land. I could not understand why he was not just himself. It has been my experience that women typically like a guy for who he is. Not some made up version of what he thinks a woman wants. That might work to get you in the door, but sooner or later your true self is going to come out and then what?

I really think you are on to something with your divorce set up too. Actually sounds like a great idea.

OH! I don't like seeing my grave in your graveyard (DC) I mean we never even went out!! How fair is that?? I tell you once, well OK, 500 times that I want to see your boobs and BAM! Just like that I am in the graveyard. So not fair!

4:32 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Poor Dave...well, sometimes it is just who you piss off that gets you into the graveyard. :)

I think the divorce set up is an awesome idea and now that I have posted it for all the world to see it will make someone else a lot of $$$$.

And don't even get me started on these men (Biker Dude) who state emphatically that they are looking for a long term commitment. Me-thinks these people need to understand the definition of longggg terrmmmmmmm. Me, I state I am unsure what the hell I am looking for. My site is just bold, out there- totally me. I figure if someone reads my honest answers and still wants to get to know me than goody. That is one thing that Biker Dude told me--he said I was not exaggerating in my description of self and that drew him. Ugh--gotta stop talking about the dude.

4:38 PM  
Blogger RW said...

Wow I don't know what I'd do if I were back on the dating scene. Probably read blogs and look for women who were having bad luck on the dating scene. But then I'd look like a stalker... or maybe they're having bad luck doesn't have anything to do with the guys they end up with... not that that's your problem... Gak... OK I'm shutting up now.

Let us know how it works out.

Insert smiley here!

7:24 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

My feelings are that anyone who promises too much on a dating site is probably bad news, Sassy. The only problem is, of course, the people with a more realistic description are likely to be ignored due to the hyperbole of the others. LOL Funny, in a way.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Fatman said...

The Drive-Thru Divorce! Hilarious.

(Husband and wife walking hand-in-hand and notices the stall)
Man: Honey...do you think we should?
Wife: (Chuckle) Why not? Sounds like a bit of fun.
Man: Can't wait to get home and tell the kids. They'll be so surprised!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home