Wednesday, January 31, 2007
The Nympho, The Biker, The Silk Sheets

Since Joseph turned 40, you would think he had become 400 instead! Now I hear how he can't keep up with his "Nympho" girlfriend! Thankfully he is just teasing! Being with a man who actually enjoys sex is such a refreshing change from the prior 9 years. He is too much of a gentleman to brag, but I know he loves the fact that I am always a willing partner. I think someone forgot to install an "off" switch in me. Oh well, it is a great ride. I love sex and I am proud of it!

Joseph never slept on silk sheets until he met me...he is as addicted to them as I am. There really is nothing that compares to 100% silk. Oftentimes I hop into bed and he has stripped down to nothing...not for me...but because it feels so damn sensuous to have all that silk wrapped around your body. He had insomnia until he met me, but he claims that the silk sheets have cured him (I think it is me, but that is a story for another day). I finally gave him a mismatched set of silk sheets to put on his bed so we can enjoy the sensation no matter which house we are at. I also want to confess that we have worn out a pair of silk sheets in the 2.5 months we have been together. Yup, you heard right...wore those puppies out. Thankfully, Ebay has such great prices on them! I guess I need to buy stock in a silk sheet company, because I think this is going to be a frequent occurence.

Seriously, if you have never had silk sheets--rush don't walk to buy them. I swear it is like heaven on earth...they are incredible feeling...the cool feel on the skin, soft like an angel's wing. It defies describing, but it does add a certain je ne sais quois to the sexual experience.

When I started on the dating adventure, I purchased a few books and a couple of videos to study up on. One erotic dvd is the Kama Sutra/Tau of Sex combo. I decided that since I did not keep the hubby even remotely interested that I needed to make some changes for the next man. Well, I have only watched about 5 minutes of the video and glanced at the books. Joseph assures me that I have all the right stuff already, but we have decided to watch the dvds together...one of these years! Although, what he could learn, I have no clue. He has it going on. He is quite the athlete in bed and sometimes, he exhausts me! Most of the time, it is me exhausting him though. We laugh that he wants to die in my arms having the big one.

Okay, you guys are probably grossed out within an inch of your lives and are telling me to shut the hell up because all this detail is hurting your eyes. Sorry 'bout that my bloggo friends, but it was the burning topic on my mind for some reason. I think it is to get my mind off a sad phone call I received last night. An old friend who drifted from my life called to tell me that she has breast cancer and that the prognosis is not good. I broke down and cried and went to bed crying. The bitch of the situation for me is that I am not welcome in her life despite her needing me unless I conform to certain religious standards she has. I want to be there when she comes out of surgery next week, but I am not welcome. Yes, weird that she would even call me...I feel powerless and frustrated. I feel a deep loss and not a little resentment that she would try to manipulate me with such a devastating disease. So I will pray and cry for her.

Joseph called me last night while I was on the phone to her. I called him back and when he asked what I was doing, I just broke down all over again. He came over and he did what he does best...he made me laugh and he held me. While I cried in his arms in bed, we had a deep theological discussion of faith, God, death, and true love. As we were drifting off to sleep, Joseph thanked me for really listening to him and valuing his opinion. This man amazes me not only with his deep faith, but because he is far more intelligent than I am. He is amazed that I find him so fascinating. He is far too modest to subscribe to my belief that he is a genius, but that is okay.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Sorry I have been absent from your blog. I went back and tried to read up but there is something that I just have to ask and I know it is personal and none of my business so you can tell me so if you want, but. Are you getting it pretty regular? You know, sex? Just curious ;)

9:38 AM  
Blogger unreuly said...

oh you are such the smitten kitten.
i'm sorry to hear about your once-upon-a-friend.
i will definitely have to check out these sex, errr silk, sheets! ;)

9:48 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

That was rather mean and underhanded of your former friend, Sassy. Sure she's dying but that's no reason to reach out to people that she's excluded from her life just to smack them in the nose for not conforming to religious doctrine. Maybe her motives were more pure than that...

I love the feeling of soft too, Sassy, but I like warm also so I go with flannel. I do love silk thermal underwear though. It's wonderful!

11:07 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Dave--Yes, it is a sorry state of affairs when a girl is getting more than she could want

Roselle--sex sheets indeed!

Utenzi--believe me...silk is far warmer than flannel...between the natural fibers and the body heat it generates...well, you just can't go wrong. I do have some flannel sheets, but they are keeping the linen closet shelf warm.

11:14 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi--I wish my friend had pure motive, but when I asked her what I could do for her, her comment was "You could make those changes in your life so I can have you back in my life". So, no mistake there on the pressure.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have to wonder what your friends motives were in calling you. Having had cancer I know that I didn't think rationally and feared dying. Maybe she was trying to make amends however it was still kind of cruel. Sometimes things are just best if left alone.

I'm damn sold on the sheets. You don't have to twist my arm. Ebay you say? I'm down.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home