Thursday, December 14, 2006
Blogger Schlepping

I tell ya, I have become the biggest blogger schlepp around. My time is precious and I chomp at the bit to blog, but I have had not a spare minute to do so.

Last weekend I met the 4 year old and we bonded. She is an adorable little girl with the biggest blue eyes and sweet smile. We were laying on the couch together Saturday nite watching a video to get her into sleep mode. She turned around and gave me a big hug and kiss and told me she loved me very much. Well the old heart strings were mightly tugged. Biker Dude was a wee bit worried Saturday morning when Mandy & I met for the first time. I got there and he had to run a few errands so I was babysitting. She was fussy about him leaving--understandably so since she and I just met. He was torn about leaving; I pushed him down the hall and told him to leave it to me. I got down on eye level with her and asked her if she wanted to play a video game on my laptop. Her fussing stopped immediately and off we went.

Later on Saturday, he took Mandy and went off with his best friend to purchase the groceries for the big Italian feast he was cooking on Sunday for us all. I took Kasey the 15 year old for a manicure and some shopping. Kasey and I hit it off very well because we have a lot of things in common. She is happy that Joseph and I are dating.

Then Joseph, the kids and I met up with his best friend and 2 of my good friends for dinner at the Outback. Everyone meshed very well and we had a great time. It was pretty funny when Mandy burst out with some popular song (Take your clothes off, it is getting hot in here). Definitely not an appropriate children's song, but Kasey had taught it to Mandy earlier and what can you do but laugh (and pray she forgets it quickly)? My friend Jadey called me later that night and told me that she really liked Joseph and it especially impressed her that he paid such good attention to me, was very affectionate with me, and he was a good father. I am glad my friends like him.

Sunday's Italian feast was a huge success. I spent the majority of my time with Kasey...taking her shopping (again!) and to the tanning bed. She likes hanging out with me and thinks I have the coolest apartment. I really like Joseph's best friend and his family...and they really like me. Dan told Joseph I was a keeper and if he ever decided he did not want me, Dan would snap me up in a heartbeat.

OMG I have become soppy and freakin boring! Truly, we have much humor and laughter, but most of it I forget by the time I get to the blog (or I can't share the story). I laugh and smile more with Joseph than I have my entire life. That man makes me laugh almost constantly and that is quite a feat. Fatman hit it on the head when he said there would be no more stories of psychos lurking around on the dating fringe...at least not for a long time. The gates to the graveyard are shut for the time being.

I will make the blog rounds and get caught up my fine blogger friends. You are not forgotten, no matter if I don't visit every day.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh, you're a goner. You'll be riding on the back of that Harley before you know it. Who knows, you might even end up with you're own bike someday!

4:14 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Hmmm. I suspect your unveiling his first name means you're pretty serious about this guy, Sassy. Congrats! It's obvious that you're taken by his family and friends too. It's great when you meet someone and you both fit right in with each other like this.

11:59 AM  
Blogger The Hatleyman said...

Sass with the ass...stop slacking, yo.

9:59 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

another one bites the dust hahaha. But glad to see you landed in a soft happy place. Even the greatest of the greats have to land sometime.
Good going on the great find

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home