Friday, November 17, 2006
Ryan Says "I Told Ya So!"

Bible boy has been on the peripheral since last Saturday's "incident". Since then, we have 1) talked on the phone 2) IM'd 3) met for lunch 4) he came over to the house for a while and hung out. I do like him as in friends like. I try hard not to judge people because of issues and problems. I usually will not kick someone to the curb because of, say, a drug or alcohol problem (does not mean I will date them though). I invited him to a dinner party I am having Sunday nite and he accepted with delight.

Then yesterday, I sent bible boy an email requesting his help this weekend. I just need him to drive his car and let me load a few pieces of furniture in it. I told him I would not require him to lift or carry a thing. I just don't have room in my car for all three pieces of furniture I have to pick up. Has he responded yet? NO! Did he get the email? YES! I asked him about it via IM last night. He said he did get the email, but did not give me an answer and got off the IM pretty quickly. I shoot him another IM later to find out what was up with him. No response. So I get up this morning to an IM that is real chatty about this healthy eating seminar he went to, but again no response to my plea for help. Nada zip! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ryan's take is that he has been drinking again--hence the dual personality again. She must be right. So I think I will save myself further aggravation and kick him officially to the curb. Just irritates the hell outta me. Say yes or no to the help...such a stupid, childish way to be.

Another irritation this week: Mr. DC 2006 has been IMing. He is nice looking, but he is an engineer. A dull, quiet engineer with no sense of humor. I really should post the archive of our exciting chat the other night (it is kept on my laptop at home and I am doing this from the office). And he keeps coming back for more? Is he a sado-masochist? He appears about as enthusiastic about our chats as a corpse. He met my suggestion that we meet with a "yea". That was it!

Ryan gave the three thumbs up to Mr. Harley man. He is a bald (I guess sorta cute?) harley driving guy who contacted me on the dating site. I agreed to chat with him (after Ryan insisted that I respond positively to his request). Have not done so yet, sure that will happen this weekend. Maybe Ryan has a better sense about all these men cause she has puked at the mention of all the others except for Harley man and clearly since the rest are on the Dating Graveyard Hall of Fame, she has been right. I just don't see me wearing leather chaps and a funky harley helmut cruising down the highway of love.

Clearly, things are happening to make me appreciate being a single carefree chick. I could be in a relationship with alcoholic bible boy; I could be having horrid, unfulfilling sex with book boy on a regular basis; I could still be with the ex waiting to stab him or me with a plastic spoon. I am just going to have a great weekend and enjoy my solitude, my friends, my cat, my freedom. I don't want drama, I don't want emotional trauma and apparently the dating world is an either or situation where I am concerned. I think I am going to not just hang up, but box up, these damn dating shoes. I think my sense of humor took a hike during an IM session.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not really say that I told you so, I just want to play devils advocate for you, give you a well rounded perspective. I think that your Harley guy is cute, and perhaps could be different and fun! I can totally see you on the back of a bike in a truly FUNKY helmet!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Well, friends I have who are bikers say there is nothing like a good piece of engine between the legs to well, get your engine going... oy! ;-)

Oh the road to Prince Charming, or at least Prince Decent dammit, is a rocky one indeed and I feel for ya sistah! Here's to a beautifula and refreshing and reinvigorating weekend and, hey now, do not give up hope! There are plenty of hotties in need of a Sassyassy out there so get to it and remember that it's you who gets to do the picking!

10:48 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Ryan...surely you jest! Glad to see you joined bloggerland.

Miz B..I am already feeling refreshed...I think I just needed sleep.

Mr. Fabulous...bring it on! If you love lasagna, Im your woman on Sunday

11:13 AM  
Blogger David said...

Well at least you can't complain about not having any interest shown. You got a steady supply of guys knocking on your door. I am sure one will be the right one. I don't like this DC guy though. I keep thinking hey that is me!! But you never talk to me on MSN so, can't be, plus I am funny. Just ask me I will tell ya.

8:40 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Dave, of course you are funny! That is why I like you!!!!!!!!!!

I don't much like Mr. DC either. I wish he would go away.

11:08 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Oh, baby! I can see you with those leather chaps on Sassy, purring down the highway, twins flying in the breeze. Ummm, excuse me for a minute...

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home