Sunday, October 29, 2006
Walk Like An Egyptian

Friday nite I went to see my absolute fav comedian. Who do I see there? The ex, but thankfully he did not see me. I think the voodoo doll is working...he has gained weight! :). That aside, I laughed myself silly with some close friends that night at the show. I love a man who can make me laugh till I cry.

Some gal pals and I went out for Chinese yesterday and some shopping. We had a blast. I crack them up...they always want to know the scoop on the men in my dating rotation. They laugh at my tales. In fact, they usually greet me on the phone with "which guy are you out with right now?". Glad I can be the comic relief for them right now.

Bible boy rescheduled our date today for Tuesday nite...I think he may have had a hangover from his birthday celebration. Who knows? I really did not get an explanation. Then tonight, I get an email from him asking me if I want to see this Christian movie. Ugh, hello, I don't think so...and what would make him think I would want to see this? I think I was pretty clear on this subject. Maybe he wants to drop this whole date thing? me thinks this is the case.

Khalid was ready to fill the vacancy in my schedule. Khalid is originally from Egypt. He saw my picture on the personals site and "had to meet the pretty girl". So I agreed to meet for coffee. Nice looking man, also separated. He is a tit-man too. He tried hard not to spend the evening talking to the "girls", but it was a strain. I even kept the girls as underwraps as I possibly could, but they still garnered more attention than I did. Khalid did say I looked more beautiful in person than my picture. Nice compliment, but it is not enough. He has two strikes against him: 1) he smokes 2) he mumbles. I just don't have the patience to read lips or try to speak to a mumbler on the phone. So he is more interested in me than I am in him. And, he asked me the question none of the others have bothered to: "Are you dating other men right now?" I said "absolutely! I am just doing the casual dating scene right now and am in no rush to get involved in a serious relationship at the moment". He did not like my answer, but he will have to get over it. I don't know if I will see him again unless I am bored and at a loose end.

I brought Mz. SassyKat home and she has been hiding all day. My furry daughter is traumatized by the move. I am hoping she will forgive me soon for parting her from her sister. It took my stepson and I an hour to get her out from under his bed and into her pet taxi. She cried pitifully all the way home. Then she immediately went into hiding as a protest to the changes in her life.

Some friends and I are going to go out of town next weekend to Charlotte, NC for some dancing and mischief. I will possibly be hooking up with Italian Stud #2. He has been incommunicado so I may be crossing him off the list too. See, I told ya, it is feast or famine!

Thats the wrap for my weekend. I hope yours was equally exciting.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

You are truly openminded to even give a religious guy a chance! Me? Was waaaay too picky but I knew exactly what I wanted and if it didn't click well, buh-bye... although being a vegetarian I have no clue, NONE, about what I was thinking when I went out on a couple of dates with w friggin' hunter! Ugh! No go as you know!

And yeah, Arab guys tend to be heavy duty smokers... cultural thing and the whole relaxed dating thing does not, especially if they are first generation, work for them as the ideas on how a woman should be are quite set... I have been friends with many and it has worked as friends but nothing more...

But have your fun looking! Hey, maybe once I make it back a trip to SF might be in order! And yes, hetero men abound in the city too! ;-P

11:30 PM  
Blogger David said...

Yep I like to hear your stories of dating too. Always a pleasure to read about :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Yeah, I never really dated either but all my stories seem to be odd and I am used to being quite the odd duck... the hunter guy "dates" were quite platonicky hangouts together while he was googly eyed and I nauseous at the cheesy stuff he spewed... no kissing, no hand holding, nada... and yeah, the whole bang, bang, die attitude did not help! Dios mio! ;-P

1:59 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Cats. The poor dears just don't handle change well. And they hold a grudge longer than dogs do. Good luck!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Fatman said...

Well...what kind of Christian movie? There's the one that is basically a 127-minute long snuff film where all the actors speak in Aramaic, the delightful Charlton Heston one (pre-NRA era Heston)where he's the new kid in school trying to end tyranny and the slightly strange one where Jesus, with the aid of a mexican wrestler, goes out killing vampires. And there's a whole bunch of other crap as well.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home