Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Steaming in the Morning

The s**t hits the fan on almost a daily basis at my client's office. I usually am able to duck and dive with some success. However, the powers to be have taken to assigning new tasks to me without telling me. This week I am getting hounded about commission checks. I am like wtf? I don't do that except to write the checks based on a figure given to me by the president. So I am informed via email "Oh yeah, that is your task now". So I go grab the spreadsheets and I think "How hard can this be, really?" Can you say unreadable? Chinese puzzle? I have never seen such a mess, so I still cannot provide an answer on commissions and I am left hanging waiting for enlightment whilst being pounded by the sales people. Like I enjoy getting their irate phone calls, like I have some stake in not writing their checks.

Then, this morning...again with the crap, again with being given tasks that I never asked for and was not asked about. Somehow, since starting here, I was roped into approving credit terms for certain clients...I base my decision on past performance. Apparently, my decision for a client yesterday was not well-received. So I sent an email to the P to B and said please please just take me out of this process. I don't know how it happened, but I never wanted this anyway. I am a step-up-to-the-plate kind of girl, but don't dump & run on me. Don't bulldoze me down when I make a decision based on available information.

Okay, I got that off my chest.

On a bright note, one of my co-workers just got back from NYC. I had him get me some BAGELS and linzer tarts. How I have been craving some excellent baked goods. God bless that man! And now I have dessert for #1 boy tonight. Yes, tonight, if all goes well, if the planets are aligned, #1 will be coming over for dinner. Got the candles out, the wine chilling, perfect outfit laid out...just got to make the dinner. Wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Good luck, Sassy. With that outfit and your wonderful attitude you'll knock him dead--and that's not even taking into account the effect of the twins. You're golden.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh gee
harsh atmosphere
i'd be super stressed in your position!

5:54 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

argh that sound frustrating!
best of luck!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Corporate Whore Barbie said...

Your office sounds about as fun as mine... but on a more exiting note, how did it go last night?!

2:52 PM  
Blogger David said...

Man, I miss blogging a few days to work on my roof and house and I miss everything.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home