Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Snow Way in Hell

I am not a cold weather person. I hate snow. Okay, I don't hate it, but if I had to decide between the tropics or Arctic Circle, the tropics will win out hands down.

Joseph, his girls, his brother, a friend, and I went to a well-known ski resort in WV over the weekend. When I tell you that the four year old started up with the "Are we there yet?" about 15 minutes into the trip (this, despite having a dvd player and 50+ movies to watch), that should give you a good idea of how the entire adventure went. This was just a day trip thank God! We got to the ski resort (finally) in the beginnings of a mini-blizzard. I was not along to ski, snowboard, or snow tube. I was pure arm candy with my full-length faux leopard coat garnering some approving glances from this group of Latinos in the bar. I brought some trash mags, a Janet Evanovich novel, and my laptop. I was rubbing my hands thinking of the blissful hours I would have alone while 1/2 the group snowboarded and the rest (Joseph & Mandy) played in the snow. This was not to be, alas! I had a screaming 4 year old and a very grumpy-fighting-off-the-flu-40-year-old. Frankly, as I sat there watching Mandy throw herself on the floor in a tantrum and Joseph so ill as he looked like he was going to pass out, I just wanted to be...elsewhere. Specifically, a place with pink beaches, brilliant blue water, a hammock, a private waterfall, a cabana boy named Nick to cater to all my whims, and a never ending supply of French martinis. That is how I coped with the trip from hell. It was so bad that Joseph asked me the next morning as I headed out to work whether I intended to come back--ever.

I just don't get the whole ski thing. I see myself in a full-body cast when I contemplate strapping two very slick, tiny pieces of wood to my feet and racing down a hill trying to avoid trees, rocks, and other skiers. I mean experienced people have died skiing and I have trouble walking down a flight of steps without landing on my face I am so klutzy. I just can't do body cast with three flights of steps greeting me each day when I come home. And don't get me started on the cold and wet! I am a water baby--a warm, beachy water baby. Give me Hawaii, Aruba, Tahiti and I am yours forever.

I did get two compliments from Joseph this weekend: he told me that I have spectacular breasts and that I was "Total Package". He said it just doesn't get any better than me because I am real special and sweet. So that sort of rescued the charred remains of the weekend. Maybe my cabana boy will be named Joseph.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Given your graceful history(from our high school days), is it any wonder you don't get the whole snow bunny thing? When I started reading the post I got a little anxious. Stay off the slopes, lady. :-)

12:08 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Yes Diane! Nothing like "bumps bruises & broken arms" to tagged a girl for life!!!!!!!!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger David said...

I need to see said "boobs" to see if Joseph knows what he is talking about. Please email as many pictures as possible to me as soon as possible. Thanks ;)

3:27 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

It's probably the twins that make it difficult for you to go down stairs, Sassy. When you're locked into skiboots and with long skis in front of you--that's no longer a problem. And think of the affect you'd create with a tight ski sweater on?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home