Saturday, February 03, 2007
Candid Sassy


These pictures are my favorite childhood pictures. Let me give you the tour:

Top left photograph: Pouty Sassy-baby.

I was about 4 years old in this picture. Mom and I had a huge fight this particular morning because she KILLED a bug with my sandal in front of me. Well, being the prissy soul I am, I did NOT want to wear the sandals with the bug corpses clinging to the bottom. Mom won the fight and I was hauled to the photographer's studio where I won the battle. The poor photographer tried for an hour to get me to smile...was not about to happen...hence the official pouty face of Sassy-baby.


Middle left photograph: Mischief Sassy-baby.

My love affair with gorgeous lingerie is a) inherited b)started at an early age. I loved to go through my mother's lingerie drawer when I was a tot and I was busted this particular day modeling mom's sexy blue nightie. What can I say?

Bottom left photograph: Starlet Sassy-baby.

This is my all-time favorite photo. I grew up in a very rural area surrounded by boys. My escape was to watch Audrey & Kate Hepburn movies. You have to understand, Sassy-baby NEVER wore pants until about age 10. I kid you not! I played football, baseball, basketball, climbed trees, rode bikes in frilly dresses and usually "stockings". So this was a typical outfit for me: purple dress, pink clutch wallet, white sunglasses pushed on my head, a white sweater--usually drapped across my shoulders and a handbag to carry some "lipstick". I believe I am 5 in this picture.

Top right photograph: Sassy-papa and Sassy-older-brother.

Notice the hot convertible car in the background. The real reason Sassy-mama fell in love with Sassy-papa. Sassy-papa traded that gorgeous car in the day before the wedding and brought home a wood-paneled station wagon more befitting a family man inheriting two stepsons (my brother & youngest uncle).

Middle right photograph: Sassy-papa kissing a very preggers Sassy-mama.

I love this picture because of how in love my sassy-parents look. I was definitely a love child...well, actually, I was the mailman's child....sassy-mama used to love to joke about that since sassy-papa was a sassy-mailman.

Bottom right photograph: Diva Sassy-baby.

This is only one of a series of photos from this particular day. My Sassy-cousin, Scott, is two days older than me and in the other photos, he is in them with me. However, I wanted to be the star of the photo shoot so I was pulling his hair (photo #1-not shown), so Sassy-mama gets in the photo to protect Sassy-cousin (photo #2 not shown), Sassy-cousin is made to cry and Sassy-mama takes him inside (photo #3 which you see here). Sassy-mama called that smile you can barely see the "Sassy-baby Cheesecake Grin". She always said I just had a certain mischievous smile and for whatever reason she decided it was the Cheesecake Grin. I have to admit, the Cheesecake Grin is the one you will see the most if you hang with me.

So there you go...some very treasured memories shared with my bloggo friends.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SassyAssy said...

Awww shucks! I am blushing Mr. Fab!

8:59 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

awww so adorable! i love old pictures!

8:05 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Nice pictures, Sassy

11:17 AM  
Blogger B said...

how cute! i love little kid pictures!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home