Tuesday, February 27, 2007
All A Girl Wants

I have been formulating my wish list for what I want out of a man in a relationship:

1. Very attentive
2. A good listener
3. Either no children or grown children
4. Good in bed
5. No "road" or "life" rage
6. Even tempered 98% of the time
7. Calm and peaceful
8. Excellent sense of humor
9. Sense of adventure
10. Likes to travel
11. Either likes to dance or is willing to go have fun trying
12. A good conversationalist
13. Has a good job/decent wage earner
14. Demonstrates a romantic gesture from time to time
15. Willing to spend time with my friends
16. Respects my opinion, cares what I think
17. Give and take--not all take, all the time
18. At least as intelligent as me
19. Not a picky eater
20. Honest with self and me
21. Takes pride in appearance
22. Enjoys sex and wants it as much as I do


There is probably a bunch more I could write and when I look at my list I wonder if someone like that exists. I hope so. I don't think I am asking for the moon or for more than I have to offer to someone. I guess I am posing the question to my blogger buds--am I being unrealistic? Am I expecting perfection? I just want someone who is right for me and based on my experiences this is what I am looking for.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

whoa nelly...
aren't you WITH said person - or someone pretty damn close to meeting all the critereon outlined on the list?!?!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I guy who meets #5 doesn't exist. They ALL have road rage.

8:12 PM  
Blogger The Hatleyman said...

None of those are unreasonable requirements. I am 90% of those - minus the dancing. I dance like a white dude pretending to be a white dude at a white dude dancing convention.

Simply put - standing seizures.

10:28 AM  
Blogger RW said...

Let's see how I would match up to these shall we!?

1. Very attentive




zzzzzzzzzzzzz

5:51 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Roselle - Well, we made a mutual parting of the ways so I am back on the market.

RW- how about honesty? You seem 2 have that going 4 u.

Di- how scary!

Buddha Bong - I would love 2 see that

9:28 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I don't think you're asking too much, Sassy. Too bad I don't even qualify for half of those. *sigh*

11:22 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Too bad you are taken Utenzi!!!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger David said...

Well I was in my opinion good for 15 out of your 22. But I agree with Diane, A man that doesn't get road rage doesn't drive.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Fatman said...

I used to have a list that was not too dissimilar to this one. Sense of humour is always a must. The last thing you want is to be halfway through a dead hooker joke and your date suddenly turns pale and throw themselves out the window. I notice also that number 15 on the list is "Willing to spend time with my friends". Not necessarily like them. In a perfect world everyone would get along with everyone but the reality of the situation is one or more of your friends may grate your potential beau.

The other thing on the list that made me chuckle was number 18 "At least as intelligent as me". I think Ricky Gervais hit the nail on the head when he said, 'I'd like to go out with someone who is about the same intellience as I am. Maybe even a little bit dumber.' I truly think that this is a common sentiment. Not that you want to go out with a paint-chip munching ape but neither is it going to be a picnic to date a neurophysiologist who uses words you've never even heard of. (In relationships I'm generally the "dumber one". You know, the guy who looks bewildered at Trivia Nights and can't follow the plot of kid's cartoons.)

Although my list was pretty long (Good-looking, forgiving, at peace with herself, laughts at every joke I tell, etc) I've narrowed it down to one criteria: Someone who is shorter than me.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home