Wednesday, October 31, 2007
The Softer Side of Sassy or "My Aunt Sassy is really really cool!!"




I got to spend a little time with the niecy-poohs a couple weekends ago. I showed up with my purple streaked hair and a cute mini-skirt on. The nieces were all "ooh" and "ahh" over both my hair and skirt and declared me the coolest aunt ever. I visited them at their father and stepmother's house. My sister has not seen the hair and she has never seen me in a mini-skirt because of the conservative nature of la familia. I can only imagine what she will think when she hears the girls' tales of my visit. I am hoping that certain details will have been forgotten once they saw their mother again. She was in England for the week immediately after my visiting the nieces and hopefully the whole purple hair/mini skirt thing slipped through the cracks.

I doubt it though and I can just hear the phone call now:
"Um, Sassy, we need to talk. The girls want to have purple streaks in their hair and to wear mini-skirts. They told me that you had both when they saw you in October. What is going on with you? Are you having a mid-life crisis or trying to cope with the divorce? You know the girls look up to you and like to copy your style of dress, etc....blah blah blah."


And that, my friends, is why I did not get a cute teeny-tiny diamond stud put in my nose. I think I can calm my sister down over the hair (temporary, not!) and the mini (it was really a skort, not!), but a nose piercing....well, I might never get to see my nieces over that issue.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

That middle picture of the three of you is great, Sassy. But your right arm and left shoulder look wet--were the kids drooling on you???

Does this mean that since the visit with the nieces is over that you're going to move ahead and get your nose stud? BTW, once you start with the piercings, tats are soon to follow!

11:31 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Guess you will just have to stay tuned to find out if piercings and tats are in the future.

btw--those are sparkles not spit on my skin...guess you better make an eye appt.

11:33 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Ha! I think the drool just dried up before you noticed it, Sassy.

2:08 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Well, had YOU been around that day, I would definitely agree that it was drool all over my skin.

6:56 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Now is that any way to talk in front of company, Sassy? *sigh*

1:12 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

You wouldn't have me any other way!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home