Monday, October 15, 2007
Escape from Toronto




I can't speak for Roselle, but I had a great time meeting up with her on Saturday night. We ditched the plan to go dancing for drinks and conversation. We decided to walk to a pub close to the hotel I was staying in. We came upon a trendy looking hotspot and we were told that Jude Law was inside so we shrugged and decided to check it out. Jude Law was no where to be seen on the first floor, so he must have been in the private room above and we left for a quieter place. We settled on Gabby's. Roselle and I are talkers and the conversation flowed very easily between us. She is Adorable!!! I really enjoyed meeting up with her and I hope we get to spend more time together. I definitely want to go back to Toronto for the drag salsa club!

As delightful as my visit to Toronto was, getting out of there was a different matter altogether! OMG!!!! I thought seriously that we were going to be trapped there most of the day on Sunday. C & I got up bright and early to leave on Sunday. We were informed that the street we intended to leave on was closed because of a race and we were given alternate directions to Gardiner Expressway. We took the alternate directions, only to come upon sign after sign that the roads were closed. I am BAFFLED by the lack of thought that the city put into choosing the race route! No detour signs were put up and so we wandered trapped for two hours in Toronto until we found someone who was able to give us directions on how to get out of there.

Despite this blip, the trip to Canada was a lot of fun! Apparently, big boobs are not a common sight in Toronto and the girls caused some commotion when I was at the mall and walking to the mall. I had one guy point to them and give me the thumbs up sign! The beer was yummy--much better than the watered down stuff that passes as mixed drinks. Shopping was fun (unbelievably, I only bought a pair of shoes) and everyone was friendly. Toronto gets 3 1/2 stars from me!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

It's good to know that "the girls" are able to communicate across national borders, Sassy. Maybe you have a career in diplomacy ahead of you. Imagine the good you could do in international relations!

1:30 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

toronto should write me a letter of thanks for taking it from a 2.5 to a 3.5, singlehandedly!!!

i too had an WONDERFUL time sassy! it was SO good to meet you and we'll definitely have to do it for longer next time!

yes, TO can get very self-involved and not realize that not everyone IN the city is FROM the city and hence, don't know their way OUT of the city...but i think they just tried to make you forget that you wanted to leave...coz you're just THAT hot ;)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Roselle is a cutie!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home