Friday, September 28, 2007
Sassy Meets Beckham, Gets Funkafied & Surprised

That my friends is a glimpse at my new 'do. I have been seeing pictures of Victoria Beckham's sexy short 'do and it resonated with me. I went with it. It is really short on the right side and in the back. I went really blonde--although with the lighting in the photo that is not real evident. I can't be like everyone else though and so I had my wonderful stylist add a streak of plum and some pale pink highlights on the left side. You can see it in the picture, but the colors really don't translate well. It is a very sexy sexy cut and frankly it stopped some traffic yesterday.

I did my usual Thursday decompressing by going to B&N and torturing Book Boy. I strolled around with my chai and settled on the DVD, 300 and the book, Shoe Addicts Anonymous. I then headed to the local chi-chi supermarket for a gourmet take out meal. I cruised on home and was preparing to sit down and eat said meal when there was a knock at my front door. I went to open it without looking through the peephole and there stood--Adorable. Yup, mr. gone missing for 6 months with nary a word Adorable. The first words out of his mouth "Damn girl, you are hot as ever. That hair is incredibly sexy too!"

I let him in like the gracious hostess I am. He told me he drove down to do some shopping and thought about me and decided to show up and say hi. He went on to remind me that he owed me dinner (ummm, yeah, 6 months ago dude). So I sit and chat with him awaiting a reason for the disappearing act. It was not forthcoming, but remembering a recent conversation with Utenzi, I really did not expect one. He said men like to pretend it didn't happen or some such nonsense, but he is right in both Anti-Engineer & Adorable's case. So I walk down with him to see his new Hummer (sweet!) while he got some beer out of it. Eventually, I went in the kitchen to get him another beer and he made the move. I knew it was going to happen and I was prepared for it. My plan was to enjoy the kiss and then kibosh the whole deal. It has been too long since I was kissed, since I had sex and the kibosh was quickly kiboshed.

We eventually went to the Mexican restaurant around the corner and the Mexi-mystique was in full force. Every guy in the restaurant except the cook came by the table to talk to me. One guy just kept repeating "you are so pretty" in Spanish. It was like he was in a trance. When he finally walked away, Adorable turned to me and said "What the hell are you doing to these men? Well, you are hot, can't blame them for not taking their eyes off you." It must have been my night because two of my guy-pals called me.......I was sending out sparks all across the globe I was soo hawt!

No plans on my part to see Adorable again. Not into the disappearing act. He finally admitted after much hemming & hawing that he had been seeing someone else. Whatever! Doesn't matter anymore. Being with him made me miss Lovah--god how strange is that???? Lovah set the platinum standard and frankly I don't think anyone will ever compare to him.

I have a date with Sci-Fi guy tonight. Not sure what we are doing.

Hope to get back to The Wedding of Smug posts tomorrow or tonight.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Smug said...

You have been busy!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

That 'do looks fabulous, Sassy. Mrs Beckham will be jealous--particularly with the touch of color you add to the look. Not to mention the additional real estate that the twins add to the package! No wonder Adorable was fixated--again. And I'm very happy to see evidence that you were listening when I explained the odd and perverse thinking that we guys have. LOL

10:53 AM  
Blogger unreuly said...

i like the kibosh. and i like that you kiboshed the kibosh itself! :)
sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right!!!

great new do!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home