Saturday, September 15, 2007
Peaches

So I had my big date with Sci-Fi Guy. He is as cute in person as his pictures. He has a sexy European accent. He is only a post-grad researcher not a professor like I assumed. Frankly, our waitress was so ga-ga over him, I felt like setting the two of them up. It was amusing to say the least to watch her make over him....I got to observe the mystique.

We were sitting there over baklava in one of the rare moments our waitress was not hovering over Sci-Fi, when he tells me that dating an older woman is like eating a juicy ripe peach. I won't go into specifics as you guys are intelligent enough to get the picture. The sexy accent was just perfect for this type of discussion though. Waitress Melanie would have been creaming her jeans to be on the receiving end of the conversation....Sassy was merely....amused.

Sci-Fi guy is great, but BUT I felt more like an older sister than a date. He reminded me a lot of my kid brother in looks anyway. We spent a delightful evening together...we wandered the streets in the rain a bit and then went to B&N to discuss books. He is very hardcore and reads only classics. I like some of the classics, but my tastes run more to modern. We then came back to my place and continued our discussions on dance, music, life. Before we knew it, it was 1am and he had an hour drive ahead of him. I invited him to sleep on the couch if he wanted since it was so late and he looked pretty tired. He was a most charming and gracious guest and definitely a gentleman. I don't know if he was disappointed that he got the couch because he just is not the type to cop an attitude about it. I got him up this morning and kicked him out (very nicely of course). I told him we would go dancing sometime because he wants to get back to that, but I am hoping that he was not feeling any sort of spark.....I would like to be friends with him and hang out, argue about the meanings of songs, dance a few dances and then head our separate ways at the evening's end.

That my friends is how the date went....no chemistry...fun...entertaining...no chemistry.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

aww shucks! i need your help sassy...i have a date with a new dude tomorrow - first online date i've had in years! what do i do? what to talk about? i barely have a thought and a half in my little mind!!! the online chatting chemistry is good-ish...any advice for a novice?

11:13 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Like Roselle said, shucks! Good looking and smart but no chemistry. That stuff is so hard to predict. Who knows--maybe the freaky Professor God will be the one (heaven forbid!) for you, Sassy.

Mmmmmm. Baklava. That tastes almost as good as....wait, let me think.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Lucy Dee said...

Sorry about that, Sass! It sounds like you really wanted something out of this one. It sucks big time when there's no chemistry.

At least, you enjoyed the time while it lasted.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home