Sunday, September 09, 2007
What Mama Never Taught Me

I was reviewing the past year of my life in anniversary of being separated from the ex-hub exactly one year (divorce to be final by year end if all goes well). I asked myself: what have I learned from all this dating I have been doing? This post is the result.

What I have learned from the men I have dated:

1. Just because a man has read the Kama Sutra cover to cover does not make him accomplished in bed.
2. Bible thumping men are annoying as hell.
3. A man with OCD tends to have very clean hands.
4. If a man stands you up for your first date--no second chance should be given no matter how compelling the argument.
5. Older women are a magnet for under-experienced college guys.
6. Men who ask you out on a date and then expect you to pay for your half of the bill are cheap bastards...run run run.
7. Foot fetishists should keep that little nugget under wraps until at least the 3rd date.
8. A man who spends the first date discussing the alcohol and drug problems of his ex-wife and children is really looking for a good therapist.
9. Some men think that if they pay for your coffee that you have made a lifelong commitment to them.
10. Elementary school teachers come up with creative dates.
11. When a man shows you how to pop your lock with a credit card, thank him profusely and start using your deadbolt at all times (oh, and run run run).
12. Science guys got it going on in the bedroom despite the nerdy reputation.
13. When a man has the word Lonely anywhere in his online date site name.....substitute lonely for any of the following adjectives: depressed, socially inept, whackjob, unattractive, weird, stalker.
14. Men who like NASCAR, hunting, fishing, camping don't understand when a dating profile reads: I am not into NASCAR, I am not an outdoorsy kinda girl.
15. Younger men still use the phrase "I want to make out with you".
16. Men who refuse to post a picture on their dating profile tend to be married or unattractive and always say something to the effect "I think people should get to know a person based on personality alone".
17. If a man calls you from his hotel room rather than on his cell phone: married!
18. A gorgeous man who tries to start a fight with complete strangers while on a date with you is just a bit disturbed and no amount of gorgeousness will make up for the rollercoaster ride this guy will drag you on.
19. If you post a picture of yourself on your dating profile that shows some cleavage, you will get over 150 emails.
20. When a very tall man kisses a very short woman, the logistics can be a bit awkward.
21. The 20-something man seems to think it is a turn on to tell his date that he was horny the entire time he was in Vegas because of how hot the women looked.
22. Some men just don't know when to give it up: case in point, guy sends girl 5+ emails and she responds to not one of them and he gets mad.
23. If you live in Sassyland......don't plan a beach trip with a man as it seems to be a precursor to breaking up....I think that I will just have to go to the damn beach alone!
24. Men come in all sizes and it is fun to compare their signature moves.
25. I find smart men very sexy.
26. If a man does not own a single book, I can't get turned on by him.

I probably have a bunch more of these gems just packed away in the recesses of my brain, but I am taking a break.

Anybody care to share what you have learned?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Dee said...

1 + 5 - good to know

10. I would say, elementary ART school teachers

12. I had no idea

22. Seems to be the reverse with my girlfriends. Although, emails are replaced by texts/Voicemails.

25 - IS A GIVEN, and if this trait doesn't fit his profile, then he immediately gets scratched off the list.

6:27 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I think #18 is the only one I can't figure out, Sassy. Thanks for #12 and very sorry about #23. My boss is still very gung-ho and I doubt I'll get any time off before the end of the year.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

I think that all these things are good to know and remember... Nothing is a mistake if you learned from it. So... You have really learned a LOT!! :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger David said...

Well at least I know now why you quit talking to me.. Because I like to hunt & fish. Wow....


Well at least now I know the reason. Thanks for that at least.


;)

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jennifer McKay said...

Wow Sassy! I knew you'd been busy, but I never would have guessed this busy! I think this would make a great basis for a sitcom...I am seeing bridget Jones meets sex in the city.... Thoughts?

I want to know more about the foot fetishists...

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home