Sunday, September 02, 2007
Becoming

I feel as if I have lost a necessary part of my life this weekend. You see, I broke up with Lovah. I have been fighting what I knew deep inside: that I just could not give him what I felt he wanted from me. Does not make it easy though and I have had the hot sting of tears behind my eyes most of the weekend. We have agreed to remain friends and hopefully that is not mere chatter passed between lovers to humor the other.

I took myself off to the movies today to see Becoming Jane. I am a huge Jane Austen fan and I devour whatever books and movies I come across that even remotely connect with her. This film has some of the most lush photography and the acting is very good. The male lead is James McAvoy who was in The Last King of Scotland. He really has impressed me. The movie resonated with my mood today and I highly recommend it. This will definitely be a dvd purchase for me.

Now I am home with the makings of a picnic I plan to have either on my deck or living room floor: rustic bread, kalamata olives, some cheese, a bit of quiche, a glass of wine.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Mmm. That sounds like a great picnic, Sassy. I'd not heard of the movie Becoming Jane but I did see Last King of Scotland and thought McAvoy did a great job.

Breakups aren't easy. There's always a grieving process involved. I hope you recover soon tho.

8:34 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi--I sure hope I recover soon as it hurts like hell...not sure what he is going through as he is a hard read.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home