Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Divorce Pictures

Hanging out with the Bride (aka Smug) is proving to be inspirational in an odd sort of way. I trailed behind her this afternoon with her mother and sister as her two wedding photographers dragged us all over the city for some really cool bridal pictures. I mentioned that I had seen an article about brides "trashing" their wedding gowns after the wedding. It seems to be the "thing" to do right now and I think it is really cool. Realistically, a bride is not likely to wear her gown again and the creative photos that can be shot are incredible. Check out the Trash the Dress website and see for yourself.

The photographers were really cool and they just happen to know the photographer that took the original photos that kicked off the craze. They said they would love to do some photos like that, but they have not met a bride who was willing to 'trash the dress". I piped up and said, I am getting a divorce and I still have my wedding gown...I am perfectly willing to volunteer to pose in it...we could call the series a Celebration of Divorce. Just chalk it up to another idea spawned from my circumstances as the Anti-Bride. I think it would be a fabulous way to celebrate freedom from a bad marriage.

Of course, another off-shoot of this would be a "trash the dress" for the bridesmaids. The average bridesmaid gown is heinous and not likely to be seen again...hmmm ideas just keep coming.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

If you do it please share the photos with us. I think that is an awesome idea.

10:18 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

oooh i wanna jump on this train! i'd totally trash my wedding gown - are you kidding? it's not like i'm ever going to wear it (again!)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

I think that you should set up a photo session to trash you wedding dress, I think that it would help turn a bad memory into something artistic and wonderful!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger magicmckay said...

I totally agree with Smug. This could be soooo therapeutic. It's a great way to put the past behind you and continue expressing that free spirit! Iy's just too bad you can't trash the groom along with the dress!

8:31 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

It sounds like a little too much protesting here, Sassy. Maybe some embers yet smoulder for the EX...

9:49 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

I think all you girls should join me in the photo shoot. Think of the fun we can have.

Utenzi--not a chance in hell! Oh wait--that was my marriage--hell! Won't be going back and my heart is firmly closed to that bozo.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home