Saturday, July 28, 2007
Sassy-Leigh and the Last Frontier

Once upon a time a little girl was born and her mother delighted in dressing her like a doll in frilly dresses and petticoats. The mother also warned dire consequences should anyone shorten the name of her beloved daughter. "Her name is Sassy-Leigh and that is what she will be called by one and all or else".... *sigh* and still this name persists after 30+ years.

No amount of cajoling, pleading, or begging will get any of the relatives up here in NJ to call me Sass or Sassy. Oh no, it is Sassy-Leigh always. I wish I wouldn't notice, but frankly no one down south ever calls me Sassy-Leigh and even mom shortened to Sassy eventually except when she was mad at me. I feel like a little kid when I am called Sassy-Leigh. Although, it is kinda cute in an annoying sort of way to hear everyone refer to me as Sassy-Leigh. Only my little cousin Ryan appears to be trainable as he calls me Cousin Sassy. Maybe he will get the others to follow his lead!

Many amusing anecdotes and photos to follow tomorrow or the next day. I am so damn tired....the drive up and then full steam ahead helping my cousin Jen with party prep. Tomorrow should be a little more relaxing--with the exception of the 1 hour each way crap shoot drive on the Jersey Turnpike. The out of state license tag is like waving a red flag at a bull! God save the Sassy-Leigh!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

heheh i have a similar problem in reverse...people who take liberties with shortening my name...rose, rosie (the WORST!), etc...

it's "roselle" - two syllables, c'mon people!!!

7:28 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Roselle, I would never dream of shortening your name...Roselle suits you!

7:54 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Man, there's just to many ways to tease you about the "sassy leigh" thing. It's too easy--like shooting fish in a barrel. I guess I'd better give you a pass.

Maybe if you had a new name, Sassy. I think I'll call you Kale--it's such a frilly type of cabbage. About as pretty as cabbage can get.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

Yeah, but Kale tends to be bitter unless it is cooked just right - Sassy is never bitter!!

8:11 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Smug makes an interesting and quite pertinent point.

11:12 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

You guys are just too much!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home