Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Squeakin By

I am wearing some very lovely summer slides today. They are a plummy color with gold accents. I love them! However, just a few minutes ago, as I walked across the production floor at my client's place, I discovered something disturbing about them. I kept hearing what sounded like muffled Chihuahua yips coming from behind and it took a minute for it to register that the yips corresponded with each foot fall. Grrr....I hate squeaky shoes. Even worse the slurpy noises that can happen when wearing sandals without some sort of foot covering. There is nothing more annoying in a pair of shoes than the strange noises that emanate from them (except maybe spending a small fortune on the "comfortable fitting" shoes to find out that they hurt after a few hours).

I love to purchase shoes from Zappos.com because you can read reviews from other shoppers. I have found some fabulous and comfortable shoes this way. I don't believe there is a category for noisy shoes though! Maybe I need to suggest that to the fine folks at Zappos. I guess there is that lone person who likes to wear noisy shoes, but I cannot fathom why. I really want to know beforehand if I can expect to sound like a tub toy as I walk down the hall.

I guess just sign me "Squeaky Sassy" today.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

LOL I don't think it's the shoes, Sassy. I think some of those engineers you work with put warning devices in your heels. You can't sneak up on them anymore (and more to the point, they can find you no matter where you try to hide!)

11:39 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Damn! I didn't think of that Utenzi...those *!@#& engineers strike again!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home