Sunday, July 22, 2007
Vibrators and Handcuffs

Whoa doggie! Texas is not a state I plan to visit anytime soon. With my propensity to purchase and use vibrators I might find my ass in jail! This story from 2003 really makes me wonder whether Texas is part of the "free nation" we belong to. Sure, you can carry around all the fire power you want, but don't you dare sell and explain how to use a Rabbit to a desperate housewife! What the hell is up with that? I guess the "real" men of Texas are offended that a woman might actually need some additional stimulation to have a good time in bed (or wherever). Lifting my glass (and Rabbit) to Joanne Webb and the company she sells (sold?) for, Passion Parties, for displaying courage under an ignorant state of mind. The short of it is if Joanne displayed "novelty items" without an explanation she would not have violated the obscenity law. Instead, she approached the subject of vibrators like an adult and presented it as such to consenting adults. She was "promoting" the use of vibrators. Promoting = bad, selling = ?

According to my search, the judge dropped the charges against her in July 2004. I just wonder if Joanne is still selling products in Texas. Anyone hear the happily ever after on this?

I hope all women in Texas will rise up and support the cause: the freedom to sell and explain "the use and purpose" of vibrators! Go forth & book some Passion parties and buy a few toys. I bet it is easier to buy an automatic weapon in Texas than it is to purchase a vibrator. (I just want to make it clear that I am in no way associated with Passion Parties or Joanne Webb--just supporting a cause).

Here's looking at you Texas:



Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

hmmm? I've never had to be told how to use one. I'm here in TX and there are so many shops and my friends have had passion parties. If it weren't for vibrators more crimes would probably be committed. Everyone needs their pleasure and who is the government to stop it. Have you ever heard the one that anal sex is against the law in TX? Isn't that funny?

3:30 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I guess as long as the men in Texas have cows, women should be able to have vibrators. It's only fair. Moooo?!

10:00 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Evercurious--Given the vibrator situation, I am not the least surprised about the anal sex law.

Utenzi--very well stated!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

What weird laws there are!

12:22 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Jean-Luc--Amen to that! And might I say you are looking sexy as usual. Gotta love the bald look....sizzlin!

2:07 PM  
Blogger David said...

Most states actually still have backwards laws about sex. A lot of states have laws that anything other than missionary is illegal.

I agree with Evercurious. A woman that needs to have a vibrator explained to her? Has bigger problems than the police..

9:29 PM  
Blogger jimbozack said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:04 PM  
Blogger jimbozack said...

The government needs to get laid. Stick it to them with one of these vibrators at lovegestures.com

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home