Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Blog Meets Reality

I have made some wonderful friends since I began blogging, but I have rarely had the opportunity to meet them in person. I had a great weekend for many reasons, but the main reason it was such a good weekend:


That is David. We have been reading each other's blogs for about two years now. I love his wit and humor. It is serious wicked! Not only did I meet David, I met his lovely wife Renee and his two smashingly gorgeous daughters:


It is amazing the amount of stories you can accumulate in just a few hours. I sat next to David's youngest daughter and we had an unfortunate incident with some lemon juice and her eye, compliments of me. Of course, David turned that into quite the humorous story. I will leave that to him to relate. I finally got to hear Renee's side of some of the stories dear ole David posts on his blog. I really hope he gets over this writer's block thingy because I so miss his posts (HINT)!
Ryan went with me and we were both laughing about our lunch with the family on the drive home. Then we realized that they live very close to Natchez, which is the setting for the books we have been reading by Greg Iles . Hmmm....you guys may end up with some guests on your doorstep one day...I have have never been to Natchez!

Ryan and I stopped at a really cool place on our way out of Pigeon Forge. David and his family recommended it, but I think we would have stopped regardless because we thought the building was intriguing. The place is Wonderworks and it is billed as an amusement park for the mind. This is what the place looks like:



If you go to my flickr box on my sidebar, you can see some of the really cool art they have there. This place was incredible. David, you were so right about that tunnel...I thought I was going to fall on my ass! I was all scrunched up against the railing and holding on for dear life! It was a bit disappointing that several of the exhibits we were interested in were broken, but the art section was my favorite. I could have stayed there for hours more than we did.

Now, I just need to convince Utenzi & Roselle to meet me! I will definitely be meeting up with Mz Bohemia when she gets stateside again (although if business takes off like it looks like it is, I might just need to take a research trip to Spain!).

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

my next road trip - straight to your door sassy!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Roselle, I am going to hold you to that...although, I wouldn't mind a roadtrip myself!

8:04 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Woo-hoo. After seeing that picture of you, Sassy, I'm more than willing to meet you!

Dave seems like a great guy. I'll have to give his blog a look if he starts posting again.

8:49 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Awww, Utenzi! If I had known you just needed some eye candy to meet me I would have mentioned it sooner!

8:51 AM  
Blogger David said...

It was great to get to meet you and Ryan! Ya'll are very funny and were exactly like I thought ya'll would be. Ya'll are more than welcome to come a knockin on our door anytime you want. I didn't grow up next to Isles, there is another writer from here named David Ferry, I grew up next door to them. We had a wonderful time and Renee told me to let you know she had a wonderful time! We will have to do it again sometime. Don't hold your breath waiting on that blog update though! LOL

10:17 AM  
Blogger one_call_merchandising said...

what an intersting blog. Some marvelous posts. I wish I could make my pages look that good,,, never mind mummy says wen i'm all growed up an be a big girl, i'll b writing like a gud un

5:21 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It must be wonderful to meet blogfriends. I've always wanted to do that.

7:39 AM  
Blogger KOM said...

How friggin cool is that?

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home