Sunday, September 30, 2007
back to the regularly scheduled Smug Wedding post


My brain is frazzled so I have almost lost my impetus on the wedding thread. I am sitting here with my coffee, listening to the birds sing trying to regain my focus.

The wedding went off with barely a hitch. Rach, one of my fellow bridesmaids, felt a bit faint...and don't you know...we never once thought about pulling out the smelling salts that Smug searched high & low for and finally found! I have never been to or been in a Catholic wedding (which is kind of strange considering most of my relatives are Catholic). I was told this was the short ceremony....it was an interesting experience and of course, a beautiful ceremony. I cried when they said their vows. We took lots of interesting bridal party photos when the wedding was over. Smug got the most fantabulous photographers. They did a shot of Smug-Hub reclining on the steps with all of us bridesmaids reclining around him...like he was a Sultan or something and they did a similar shot with Smug and the groomsmen. I don't have any good shots of those to share sadly! We finally made it to the limo....the air was not working in it so we were all pretty damn hot when we made it to the reception hall....here is a couple of pics from inside the limo (I lifted these photos from Snarky's photoblog):


The reception was a blast! I was never short of pleasant dinner companions or dance partners. The groomsmen all insisted that I need to come out to NM with Smug & Smug-Hub when they go out next. They said they had lots of places they would love to show me. I don't know if that was one of those idle invitations that is not meant to be accepted or not. All four of the groomsmen kept bringing it up though: come to our family celebration at the ranch or come for the hot air balloon festival....I know if the invite is genuine...this girl is going!

Adam is Smug-Hub's best friend and honorary brother. Extremely nice looking. We really did not talk much until the reception. Marc, another of the Smug b-i-l team, pulled me aside and showed me a picture of a guy with no shirt on, a tie, and tight pants. I could not see the face, but the body was definitely intriguing. I asked who it was and he said it was Adam. He changed the angle of the camera so I could see Adam's face more clearly. I said I definitely wanted a copy of that picture and that Adam was HAWT! Marc called over to Adam and said "Hey buddy, she really likes this picture of you from last night and she wants a copy. She thinks you're hot." He then led me over to Adam and Adam & I started talking. Then we danced (got some good dirty dancing moves--this quiet Adam does indeed have) and we sat and talked and talked and talked. We mainly discussed my marriage and his previous relationship of six years. He was a gentleman to his toes (all the groomsmen were) and kept my wine glass full. I felt a spark. He is definitely the kind of man I am attracted to physically and he was able to hold intelligent conversation. When we danced...well, lets just say, I could feel his attraction. Marc took delight in snapping some photos of Adam & I dancing (that mean ole Marc still has not sent me copies of these photos!!!). Adam and I did not exchange phone numbers or email addresses and at some point we were commandeered elsewhere from each other.

Jadey came to pick me up at the reception so we could zoom to Charlotte, NC for a dance competition. I changed clothes and rounded up all my junk and headed out to the parking lot. I stopped to hug & say goodbye to all the groomsmen. Marc promised to keep in touch and send me photos. David said he was coming back in October and made me promise to hang with him when he comes. Evan was insistent that I not leave for Charlotte that night because they wanted me to come hang with them at the hotel. All of them were disappointed when I said I couldn't and they made me promise that next time we got together I would spend more time with them all. Adam, ah Adam....hmmm we hugged and made the usual polite, it was great to meet you chatter. Then he hugged me again and kissed me on the cheek. Trying very hard not to read too much into the double hug & kiss...but damn it is hard.

The guys were flying out of Raleigh the next day and I gave them different directions to get there. When I was halfway to Charlotte, I realized I gave them some bad road numbers, so I called the hotel to speak to David about it. I gave David the correct directions and we joked for a bit and said goodbye. The next morning Smug-Hub called me and gave me Evan's phone number because they had questions about my directions. I got Evan's cell, left my phone # and called Smug-Hub back. He then gave me Marc & David's cell #s. I left a message for David and finally got through to Marc. Ya know what? They didn't have any questions about my directions.....appears they just wanted to chat a bit.

I promised to reveal a picture of the guy I spent the most time with on the dance floor, the one whose heart I captured & truth be told--he captured mine too:

Meet my new sweetie! We spent quite a bit of time dancing together and his mother decided that he had fallen in love with me because he was never too far from me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding! And I totally dug the bridesmaids gowns.

3:57 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Diane's right, Sassy. Those are great looking dresses. Smug really went with a great looking clothing setup for her wedding. Everyone looks wonderful. I especially love the way the red and black work on y'all.

I think you need to contact Adam and make a date. Soon. In fact, within the week--I want to win that bet!

I really liked the picture of the 4 bridesmaids in the limo, Sass. Y'all look good enough to eat, or at least nibble on. :-)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home