Friday, October 19, 2007
Good Neighbor

I rarely meet my neighbors because I am not at home. A couple of months ago, I see Mr. Hottie go into the apartment next to mine. That is when I noticed that the door mat that used to be there was gone. Susan the flight attendant had moved on and Mr. Hottie had moved in. The next time I ran into him was at our bank of mailboxes, but he was on the phone. Two weeks ago I was in a hurry to meet the girls and he was off to the basketball court and again, no time to say hi or introduce myself. I hear him puttering around in his apartment at times. He must work swing swift because I have yet to figure out what his pattern is. He still has no door mat out and he only has one sports chair on his deck. I never hear a woman's (or a man's) voice come from his apartment.

I am thinking of whipping up a batch of yummy brownies and packaging them up in a cute bag--perhaps a Halloween theme and leaving them on his doorstep with a note to the effect: Welcome to the neighborhood, from the brownie fairy in apt #.

What do you guys think? Should I do it? Is that a way to get a face-to-face introduction at last???

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

Why not? It's nice and neighborly. I'm sure he would like it and it would give you a chance to actually meet the guy.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Xavierism said...

Yes! Great idea. If anyone can pull this off, it's YOU! Hope you're lovin' the weekend.

*CHEERS*

10:36 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

I don't know! It is sad that we now live in a world where people do not know their neighbors, but if you meet and don't like each other, you still have to live next door to each other. I have not made any real attempts to get to know my neighbors, either in my building, next door, or across the street. I hope that once we buy our house we will take some time get to know those neighbors. My sister has great relationships with several of her neighbors and it is nice to have people looking out for you.

2:09 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

I think my neighbor has been sick :(. I am going to do the brownie delivery some time this week...I will let you guys know how it goes!

X & ever--so glad you both dropped in to see me!!!

Smug--life is a gamble...sometimes you just have to roll those dice!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it .. the worst that could happen .. He hates chocolate .. :) Oh well!

11:29 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

While I guess I lost that bet last week about dating, it looks like I didn't lose it by much, Sassy. Good luck with the brownies! Almost all guys love brownies...

1:23 PM  
Blogger Dan Patterson said...

Noooooo!

Save the brownie giving (just a couple) for after you've met. Then the tell him you made a batch for some other occassion and wondered if he would like the leftovers. Kiss of death otherwise.

Knock on the door and introduce yourself. Tell him about the area, ask if he needs anything, be pleasant. He will remember you fondly and as a nice neighbor (maybe with benefits) instead of as something not as nice.

Dan Patterson
Arrogant Infidel

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home