Friday, October 26, 2007
Internet Dating Gone Wrong

Did someone decide that Charles Manson is a fashion icon for men? I swear to the Greek gods that every other guy who has sent me an email from (count'em) four different internet dating sites recently resemble ole Charlie. Ewwwwwww! If that is not a karmic sign to continue to take a break from dating I don't know what is.

The ones that don't resemble Charles are all aged 27. *Sigh* So I am wondering if there is a bathroom wall seen exclusively by only 27 year olds and it reads "SassyAssy loves 27 year olds--give her a call".

My gut feeling has been telling me not to do the neighbor/brownie thingy. This was reinforced by a new commenter (Dan Patterson) on that blog entry. Hell, maybe that is my neighbor or he knows him. I took it as a sign not to go there.

Last night I was in B&N buying a few books I had coupons for (see Utenzi--I do use coupons) and this pleasant looking gentleman was ahead of me. I struck up a conversation with him about his rather sleep-inducing choice of audiobook (Hemingway). We flirted, we joked and then he left.

I guess if I get real desperate--the psycho-stalking truck driver dude is still calling and leaving weird messages on my phone.

Then there is this guy that I am just buds with. We met via match.com last year and I never really felt a spark, but we fell into an easy friendship. We talk regularly and compare dating experiences. I really don't give him much passing thought. Lately, he has been hinting at being a bit in love with me. He calls almost every day now. I am just not interested in him that way and short of being brutally honest I have dropped enough hints that it is not going to happen. He is an eternal optimist though and says he will grow on me. I don't think so because he is just too short. I want someone tall. Silly isn't it? Until he came along, I never paid much attention to height, but every man I have ever found attractive was at least 5' 9" (a good 7" taller than me).

Last but not least...a guy came along quoting Princess Bride (one of my all time favorite movies). He is intelligent, articulate, witty, interesting. What is the problem, SassyAssy, you ask? His latest email to me included this little nugget about him: I must confess there is a side to me that you need to know about before anything progresses, and since you've been so very forthright I'll do the same with you, I have a kinky side that goes beyond the average persons play habits, and honestly I prefer these types of activities to humdrum vanilla, so if this is frightening to you or if you lack an adventurous side, it's best to stop now because we would not last were we to have the chemistry etc to really get involved, and in all truthfulness I'm not looking for bedpost notches, as it takes time to build trust and to play with someone in a safe and fun way that pushes boundaries and expands everyone involved.
I asked for an elaboration on his notion of "kinky" and have not heard back from him. I am thinking that he got that question and said to himself, "If she is too dumb to understand of what I speak, I had best leave this little innocent alone."

Okay--FATE, KARMA--whoever you are--I get the hint--take care of business and then let the romance come later. I have things I need to finish up before school starts in January and I have been dragging my feet. Guess I will take matters into hand this weekend and get the majority finished up. One of those includes meeting soon to be ex-hub to finalize our paperwork pre-lawyer visit. It is getting closer to celebration time my blogger buddies.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

I think you have a good idea here, Sassy. I think I'm going to give up on dating too. It's just too weird a world out there!

3:51 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Surely not for you! I can't imagine you have had any weird encounters!!

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home