Friday, October 06, 2006
How Sassy Got Her Groove Back

It is true that if you don't use it, you lose it. Except for last Wednesday, I have not danced for two months and it shows as I found out tonight. I took a group lesson on the quick step and did passably well for learning a new dance and dancing with partners who are new to it also. Then it became open dance and I could not even dance the waltz. My poor partner fled the dance floor and would not look me in the eye the rest of the evening. In my defense, he would not hold me as close as he should to keep the "connection". I was not happy with myself and my lack of grace on a dance I have moved up to silver on. Finally, I was asked to tango and girlfriend burned the dance floor up. Then I danced the cha-cha and rhumba and I was able to dance very well with weak partners. So latin dance is definitely my strength and this is how Sassy got her groove back.

Here is a rundown on my dance partners:

1. The dancing know-it-all. Frankly, there is nothing more obnoxious than a man who forceably positions your hands and arms while you are dancing with him. This guy would stop right in the middle of our dance to do this.

2. Redneck in disguise. You just have to meet him--farmboy meets "Shall We Dance?" Henry spent more time staring at my cleavage than working on his ronde. I felt like Bugs Bunny when the Abominable Snowman captures him and he is held in the snowman's big beefy fist ("I will name him George and hug him and love him and squeeze him"). To be sure, the girls were quite perky in their new bra.

3. My favorite was Hippy Man. I never did learn his name, but he was so Mr. Granola with long hair and John Lennon glasses. He just did not look like the ballroom dance type. He had a wandering eye too...

4. Can't touch this guy. This guy was my waltz partner and he was afraid to have me anywhere within his personal space. It is just too hard to attempt the waltz at an arm's length as we both found out while stumbling around the dance floor.

I am finishing out my evening by catching up on the new Lost episodes...I love love love dvr!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I afraid tech geek probably would have been staring too.

The new episode of LOST was great!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I think I used to be roommates with Redneck in Disguise...

1:17 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

But... Isn't everything supposed to be like riding a bike? You didn't lose your groove you just got out of practice. Sounds like the night was entertaining, nonetheless. I agree that there was a definate J-lo bashing and it was hilarious for me to read. Lost is my new favorite show. I hope you like the new episode.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home