Sunday, September 17, 2006
It Was a Dark and Stormy Night...

and the winds of change were whirling around. I am now part of the single world again. I recently separated and moved into an awesome apartment. In fact, the biggest part of the move took place yesterday when we moved the furniture in. As with any move, I had moments when I was close to a meltdown organizing the moving crew. One thing I learned...just spend the damn money to hire professional movers instead of relying on friends, family, and acquaintances. The upside to the move was reconnecting with my older brother. He was my knight-in-shining armor in the eleventh hour.

I have been savoring my new found freedom living in a strictly feminine domain and I feel "at home" finally. I enjoy sprawling across the entire bed and leaving lights on all over the house if I want. Of course, men are ready to invade. My dance partner (who also came to my rescue and helped me move) has decided that my huge selection of movies, surround sound, and new LCD TV are selling points in favor of hanging out here. I have another male acquaintance who wants to rent my spare bedroom. I just am not ready for the testosterone levels to rise yet. Another thing I love about being on my own is the privacy factor. I now have the time and freedom to blog.

Viva La Freedom! Viva La Single!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Viva La Single, indeed!

I have been single and living in my own pad for a year or so now and have loved every minute of it, for all the reasons you mention and so many more!

Hope you keep up the blog too!

11:29 PM  
Blogger The Hatleyman said...

Well, welcome back stranger.

11:10 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Wow what a nice surprise to see you back in blogland :O) Sounds like you are on to new beginnings. I wish you the best.

I desire one of those new flat screen TV's...so many choices to figure through..HDTV, LCD, plasma, it will take me years to figure it out. Perhaps by that time they will be cheaper as well!

Glad to see you back!

12:28 PM  
Blogger David said...

Glad to see you back :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger KOM said...

Sounds like you've had your hands full. I'm glad you're back!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home