Monday, September 18, 2006
Old Flame

The other day I was working at my favorite clothing store when I look up and catch sight of an old boyfriend. We dated when I was 18-19. Jeff and I worked together and we gradually drifted into a relationship. He has a way with words and he could tell the most serious of stories and make me laugh until I cried. I have not seen him in at least 3 years. The last I knew, he was married and had a couple of kids. I never did like his wife (and she did not care for me). I thought she was a biotch and not very nice to Jeff, but hey, I was not the one marrying her, so I kept my mouth shut.

Anyway, I called Jeff over. He was so happy to see me and vice versa. The first thing I noticed was the earring in his left ear, the flamboyant clothing, the rings on his fingers, and the obviously gay man with him. I was dying of curiousity so after we got the preliminaries out of the way, I asked how his wife was. He told me he spent 17 years with her and that was more than long enough.

So my old flame is now a flamer. Thankfully, my feelings for him are of the friendship variety or I would be crushed. Obviously, my "gaydar" was not in existence when we dated, but 20 years later it is on full alert. Jeff and I exchanged numbers and as soon as I get settled into the new place, I plan to have dinner with him and make him dish. I just want to know when he realized he was gay--did the harridan wife push him over to the other side? I need a good laugh and with the teaser line that his trashy ex now lives in a trailer and sports tattoos, well I think I had better not wear mascara when we go out.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Hatleyman said...

I have one ex-girlfriend that turned out to be a lesbian...and not the lipstick type. She was so prim and proper...very feminine and a girly-girl. Now she looks like she could kick my ass and beat up half the dudes in cell block 10.

How do you go from girly-girl to butchy?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

That is crazy stuff.

I want to hear what changed him too.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home