Sunday, January 20, 2008
From Dance Shoes to Date Shoes

I had so much dancing on Friday and Saturday. I just love as I see my dancing evolve into sharper turns, intricate footwork, and just flat out sexiness. We rushed home yesterday to stay ahead of the big snow the weatherman assured us was coming....hmmm I see no snow on the ground this morning!

A friend and I are planning a trip to RTP in NC for some salsa dancing. I can't wait to go!!

I got home yesterday and rested for the big date with Bedroom Eyes. He is real nice, but he reminds me of Ray from Everybody Loves Raymond. I liked him, but there is no spark on my part. I am hoping there is none on his to avoid that weird second date scenario. I think Marrakesh Man may be fake....and Boy Next Door popped up briefly on Friday, but I was not around to chat with him. I think I am going to write him off except for the occasional flirty chat. I did have a 22 year old pop up yesterday and asked me out to dinner...he said (to sweeten the pot) that he owned his own home and was in college. He also pointed out that he realized I was older, but that is what he was looking for. *sigh* he is only a year older than my oldest stepson....I just can't do it.

Jadey has been busy, however! She played hookey on Thursday when it snowed and was at our favorite restaurant. She knows the owner quite well and they were hanging out. A new waiter started there named Ben. So Jadey chatted up Ben and finally declared "I have just the girl for you!" She got Ben's phone number for...ME. Oy vey! I told her I want to meet him and then if we want to make plans that is fine, but call him out of the cold blue???? Not feeling that.

Of course, I started the Masters program yesterday and got two new clients this week...not sure I will have time to eat or sleep, much less date for the next two years...it will be worth it though when I am traveling the globe as a consultant.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

It doesn't sound good on the dating front, lovely Sassy, but the other areas of your life seem to be developing nicely.

We got a fair amount of snow on this side of RTP but I don't know what they got in Raleigh. It's sure going to be cold tonight--down to 15--and I lost my company. *sigh* Some people pick cats over people and that's just soooo wrong!

Good luck with the waiter. I still can't believe that Mr C didn't work out. I just had this feeling he'd be great for you.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Smug said...

I know how you feel about the work, school, friends, family balance! I am hardly keeping my head above water. I miss you! I wish you were still in school with me, so I would be assured of at least seeing you, not to mention help with the workload!!!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home