Monday, January 07, 2008
Stood Up

Mr. C stood me up--hence the ass-kicking to the graveyard. I just don't get it. Why beg me for a 2nd date at all? I think I know the answer...a better girl with a better offer came along (or so he thinks). What goes on in a man's mind when he decides, "Hey, I have this date, but I am not interested any longer." Is it a matter of "Will she notice if I don't show up?" or "Who the hell cares if she is left standing around, why should I call her?" I learned early on in this silly dating game that to give a man another chance after he stands you up is to give him the license to just run you over and treat you like you have so little value. I sent Mr. C a coolly polite email about being stood up. I reviewed it carefully because I did not want to be labeled a psycho-bitch chick from the internet. Frankly, if anyone is a bit psycho, it would have to be him. I never heard back from him with even a simple "I am sorry" and I know he got the message. Again, for someone who displayed impeccable manners on our one & only date, and who wrote volumes on his myspace blog about treating people with kindness and respect, it baffles me. Whatever his reasons, I have been licking my wounds for my stupidity in getting my hopes up. Damn him for making me hope. I thought I was ready for romance, but a wise friend pointed out yesterday that maybe I should just continue with what works for me: seeing Cabana Boy casually and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't think I have much choice in the matter...the internet dating world is losing its luster. I signed up at a new site: singles.net. I was slammed with 15 emails in a matter of 5 minutes. Not a one that I found interesting enough to want to pursue.

Well, past bedtime...hoping I can get some sleep now that I have released this emotional stuff out into cyberspace.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

I hear you about that licking thing, Sassy. It's easy to get wounded in the dating game. Mr C's behavior was decidedly odd--I hope you have better luck next time.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

What a jerk! There's no excuse for not even making a simple phone call. Leave him in the dirt.

4:47 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Yeah stick him in the Hall of Shame where he belongs.

Someone better is just around the corner.

Hope all is well and a Happy Belated New Year to ya!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home