Monday, December 17, 2007
It's Shaping Up to Be Quite the Week!

I got a call from Cabana Boy this morning and he is on his way down. It appears that we may be hanging out for a couple of days. As soon as he departs, I will be having dinner with Larry the Cable Guy from my springtime dating troupe. I am curious as to why Larry wants to have dinner with me. You see, our last "date" back in the spring ended with him stating, "You are never going to kiss me are you?" At the look of acknowledgment from me he went on to say: "I am going to be very busy so I don't think I will be able to see you for a long time." I shrugged in my typical Sassy style and went on about my life, but I was a wee bit perplexed.

Larry had informed me early on that he was really not looking for romance, but he liked to have dinner with a woman on occasion and he enjoyed my company. I thought (mistakenly) that the platonic buddy arrangement was just perfect. I was not attracted to Larry, but he was a mildly amusing companion once a week for dinner and a movie. I never got the impression he thought of me any differently.

Larry has been sending emails for several months trying to arrange to meet for dinner, but each time he emailed, I was headed out of town. Right after Thanksgiving, I ran into him at the movies. He was thrilled to see me and we agreed to try to meet up. So finally, he pinned me down this week.

My week will be complete if Mr. C would call.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

It's great that Cabana Boy has been in contact. He sounds well suited for you, Sassy.

Wasn't Mr C the guy on Happy Days--and isn't he a mite old for you?

10:57 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi...your wit leaves me...speechless!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Fairbanks said...

hey- I am so sorry. I thought I had your email address and had sent you an invite to read my blog. hmmm. well, since that was a goof, send me your address and I will add you to my list. tiffany.fairbanks@gmail.com

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home