Tuesday, December 04, 2007
A Day in the Life

Last Tuesday I had my first date with C. He looked like his picture...tall, dark and handsome. He was a gentleman all evening. We laughed through dinner and decided it was too early to part company so we went for coffee. We decided that we should have another date and determined this Wednesday for said date. I didn't hear anything from him since then, so I thought (sadly) that he was just like the rest of the guys I have been meeting up with since late summer.

I could taste the disappointment because he stood apart from all other dates that I have had. We talked and joked easily. He listened and he got me. I did not have to explain myself repeatedly. I felt a connection with him right off the bat and he doesn't freak me out...meaning not only is he not weird, but emotionally I am completely calm. Which is really strange, because I can envision an "us" unit and I am not ready to move to another state and change my name when I think of the future and C. That is not something I have experienced since I started down the dating pathway last year.

I finally got an email from him on Monday in response to my birthday wishes email I sent him. He told me he did not think he would be able to make our date...damn...was he going to be a jerk after all? I consulted my friend, Metro, to get the male perspective on his email. Metro gave C high marks for addressing the issue head on and in a timely fashion. He assured me I would hear from C again.

Metro was right! C IM'd me tonight and we had a long and revealing conversation. C told me he thought I was total package and that he cannot wait to see me again. He went on to describe how I made him feel. It is reciprocal. WOW! Trying to keep my feet on the ground about C because no sense in fools rushing in. He is 33 and has a stable and successful career. He lives 2 hours away and assures me I am worth every mile of the journey to see me. He is a pharmaceutical sales rep and my area will be part of his territory come January. He owns his house; he is close with the women in his family, but not to the point of them dominating him; he is incredibly handsome; he is a damn Yankee; he makes me laugh; he LOVES to travel--as in jump in the car and just go somewhere for the hell of it; he has lots of friends and is social; he is a very fine dresser; he is NOT looking for an older woman to provide him with experience; he tingles my toes and we haven't even kissed yet; he is not afraid to talk about his *gasp*! feelings. I see the potential. I am excited. This feels very different to me and I hope my intuition is not going on the fritz.

Time--that sage, that prophet--will tell what the future holds for C & I. For now, I am content to bask in the radiance of his admiration and lap up all the attention he lavishes upon me when we are together.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

He does sound perfect, Sassy. And his attributes sound like a wonderful match to what you're looking for. It sounds like Metro is a great adviser too--which should help with the C-thing. Good luck!

2:37 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Thanks, dear friend, who knows? Romance and all its trappings is like one big maze...so many false turns...only one correct route...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

I am happy that you are happy, it has been a while since you were excited about someone!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home