Friday, November 23, 2007
Sassyleigh Cruises Into the Past

Hope everyone had a delightful Thanksgiving! I know I did! I ate some yummy food (but not too much) and went for a lovely after dinner walk. The weather in NJ was beautiful yesterday. As I previously mentioned in a summertime post, I cannot escape the full name usage here. Everywhere else, I am Sassy. I come up north and I am magically transported to Sassyleigh. When I was a kid, my mother would not allow me to be called anything other than Sassyleigh. If people shortened the name to Sassy, they got a stern lecture from her. Old habits truly die hard because here we are 39 (OMG!) years later and I am still called Sassyleigh. Although, my 3 year old cousin Cutie Patootie calls me Cousin Sassy.

I love this kid! He is proof, my cousin Jenn & I think, that men are drawn to big tits naturally and from a very young age. Every chance he got, he was burying his face in my chest or trying to touch the girls. I found it rather amusing. Kids are fascinated by the "fluffy pillows" or whatever the hell you care to call the girls. Cutie Patootie held my hand most of the way home last night. As he was dozing off in his car seat, he kept reaching out just to touch my hand or arm. It is a shame we are related and he is so young because he could be the ONE (joking, just joking here--don't get all bent out of shape people). But men could certainly learn something from Cutie Patootie--he was talkative, he kept asking me questions, he showed concern (Cousin Sassy open your eyes, you are missing the Rugrats), he was affectionate, and he Adores me!!!!!!

I went with my #1 cousin, Jenn, and her family unit to her Aunt Carol's for Thanksgiving. Carol grew up next to my mother. She pulled out a lot of old family pictures after dinner to look at. I was enjoying seeing pictures of Jenn's mom and dad (my aunt Mary & uncle Don) when I was blindsided by two pictures that included my mother! I could barely concentrate on any other pictures after I found those. My sister (mother of my beloved nieces) looks so much like my mom in the top picture that it is spooky. Here they are:



I have no idea what we are doing today on Black Friday. I know I am purchasing a few items online and we have the girl's night out to Casablanca for bellydancing (hold on Omar baby, I am coming) and some yummy Moroccan food. Yes, yes, I will post a picture if I am caught shimmying with the bellydancers! I think I am headed for some bagel-y goodness & an egg nog latte (the food here makes me NEVER want to go home to the south). Think my cousin would notice if I started dragging in the rest of the suitcases????????

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

i love love love those photos sassyleigh ;) glad you had a great thanksgiving!

5:18 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Boys and girls do act alike at an early age but fortunately we guys learn to act right later in life.

I have complete confidence that Cutie Patootie will break out of those bad habits within the next few years and start acting like a real male. Sorry Sassy. (the fondness for breasts will be the only trait he holds on to, I bet)

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home