Saturday, November 17, 2007
So What Else Is New

I have received emails and comments asking what happened with the meeting I had with the CPA. Well, we did not come to terms satisfactory to me. He has a dickhead of a senior partner who still holds the purse strings until he officially retires. He does not like women. Need I say more? So, the discussion has been tabled per my request until said dickhead is gone. *sigh* It is a man's world still. So....I have been exploring other career avenues including moving elsewhere. Not sure where it will all lead, but then I have learned to live my life by the seat of my pants. Not that this is how I would like things, but until the right path is revealed or I stumble upon it--what can I do? I am keeping the career options open.

My fusion exercise class was incredible and my students loved it! Even my singular male student is still raving about it. I compiled a kick-ass music cd and we worked up a great sweat and had a lot of fun in the process. The compliments are still coming on the class....wow! It has been a good 15 years since I taught an exercise class...girl's still got it!

The Philly/NJ trip is getting better by the minute. My cousin Jen and I are so alike it is amazing. I am 8 years older than her (or something like that) and we only saw each other on my summertime trips to NJ. Our upbringings were quite different too and yet....we arrive at the same place on so many things now. She and I are more alike than my sisters and I. I love talking with her--she has that sassy spiciness that I feel comfortable with and she is a straight shooter, which I find refreshing. Anyway, my #1 cuz has planned a girl's night out to a Moroccan restaurant to see some bellydancing. I cannot wait. The last time I saw some bellydancing, I was pulled out of my chair by one of the dancers and I danced with her. That dancer said I was a natural! I doubt that will happen this time, but who knows? I will take some pics and I have no doubt that Jen will snap some shots if I end up dancing with Omar the male bellydancer.

I did a LOT of dancing this weekend. Last night was the dance social at the dance studio where I take lessons. A typical social for me involves mass quantities of white wine and a few dances with each of my two teachers and the occasional octogenarian there. I had no hopes for it being any different this week. Well, Sassy girl was dancing so much that I only had time for one glass of wine. All the male teachers danced with me multiple times and no octogenarians had a chance to even ask me. I got up bright and early this morning for my dance lesson. I was the darling of the studio because I treated everyone to Starbucks. I worked on the Samba and the swing. I work muscles I didn't even know existed....so much goes into dancing: the right steps, holding frame, looking elegant and I love every bit of it. My teachers love my enthusiasm and the sheer joy that lights my face up as I improve my dancing. I think I have been signed up to do a charity dance on 12/15 for the Make a Wish Foundation....doing my favorite dance--the Tango. Now I need to find a dress.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Ahhh, the Tango. I hope your cousin is able to take some video of that bellydancing adventure, Sassy. I'm sure we all want to see your bellybutton.

I'm sorry to hear about the CPA position. I hope the old fart leaves soon so you can work there.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend overall!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi darlin' should a video be made of me doing any bellydancing you can rest assured that it will NEVER be seen here.

Smug--it was! Hope yours went well with the house hunting.

10:25 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Never seen here? No problem, Sassy dear. In an unrelated matter, could you give me your cousin's Email address? LOL

12:39 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi--HELL no! Good thing I know you and your tricky ways.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home