Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Sassy Stopped in Her Tracks

Yup, it finally happened! I got my first ticket in 24.5 years of driving. The cop that pulled me over was barely out of the Clearsil stage so I could not bring myself to even bat my eyes a little. I took it with an inner smirk at myself....for all those times I could have been busted and wasn't...karma reminded me it was time to pay the piper. The cop was nice though and he dropped the ticket to just going 9 miles over the speed limit and frankly, I am grateful. You see Virginia has changed the fines structure and a ticket that was formerly $200 at most, can now run as high as $1100. I may call to see if I go to a Safe Driver Class if I can get some sort of brownie points to offset the points now on my formerly clean driving record.

Guess that cruise control will be used a bit more from now on. In unrelated news:

Tonight I teach my first exercise class in a longgggg time. I have some good music picked out and I have the exercises floating in my head. This will be a fusion class...some pilates, a little bellydancing, some ballet, weight training....it will hopefully be a cornucopia of fun. My students are excited...lets see if they still are when we are done tonight.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

It's very unfortunate that you received that ticket, Sassy. I'd heard recently that Virginia had implemented some Draconian traffic laws--I'm sorry that you were caught up in that. I've had several tickets in the past and I know how annoying they are.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jerrster said...

I drive the speed limit...people hate me for it. They also flip me off but on the freeway if you had to really slam on your brakes do you really have any idea how far it takes to actually stop. I tell ya people in California have no clue....otherwise they'd give themselves more than 3' from the car ahead of them....while doing 80+MPH.

12:15 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

utenzi--Unfortunate, but it could be worse!

jerrster--my what a cautious boy you are...never would have guessed it! You do have a point though.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Political Piper said...

Ooooh Belly Dancing class. I started a couple weeks ago. Maybe you can help me with my technique. I have a great hot pink scarf with gold coins all over it. Remind me to tell you about the moraccan restaurant by my house that has professional belly dancers. We should go!!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Jen--I will be happy to help with technique and YES! we definitely need to go to the Moroccan restaurant...maybe while I am up there next week???

9:14 PM  
Blogger Political Piper said...

Here's the website...http://www.casablancaone.com/ They even have pictures of the dancers on the site.

I have a couple other friends who also take classes who may want to come. Could be a great opp for a girl's night if you'd like to meet some new people.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home