Thursday, January 10, 2008
Just a Metro Girl Sleepwalking Through the Cosmos

I did a lot of dancing over the past weekend! I was delighted. In between dances I was hanging out at the wine bar when a very handsome, extremely well-dressed man came up for some drinks. I have not seen him at the socials before. He turned to me and said, "I love your hair! It is so very metro and the style really works for you!" I must admit, I got a big head from the compliment because the guy had it going on. I am fairly certain he is gay (the gaydar was blipping loud & clear) but the fact that he was so stylish and good looking made me feel honored by his compliments.

This metro girl must be sending out weird vibes to married men, however. Grrrr....another man at my big client's place sent an email to my private address. Turns out he is "lonely & bored with his marriage and is looking for a woman to spend time with on the side" re: affair. Now this guy is nice and we have been part of the group that goes bowling, but I have never given him any indication that I was interested in him in anything than a casual workmate fashion. I can't imagine why this 50-something, average guy would think that I would be the least bit interested in him! I certainly don't look desperate for dates!

I had hoped that the two weeks away from me over the holidays would have tamped down the other guy too....NOT! Gorgeous married engineer is convinced he is in love with me....or so he tells me. Maybe he thinks if he throws a little emotional junk in the mix that I will cave to his pleas of sleeping with him. Puleeze! As if I need a married man when I can barely keep up with the offers from the single ones from singles.net.

Tax season is upon me and new clients are falling into my lap like ripe plums. Let it rain on me!!! I am soooo tired this week that I can barely keep my eyes open beginning mid-day. I need a massage (thank goodness I am working for my spa client all weekend) and some drinks and dancing (going to a party Friday nite and maybe dancing Sat. nite).

Cabana Boy will be in town in a mere two weeks...thank god! I need a fix of him....it has been since the week before Xmas and I am going to be seriously ripping his clothes off and having my way with him. He won't know what hit him! It appears that we will be celebrating our divorces at about the same time. That is right....so very very close to the divorce being final...when you hear all that noise from my corner of the planet...that is just me whooping it up with my friends. I am going to do some sort of celebratory dinner when the papers are signed and I am released from the past once and for all. 2008 is going to be a great year for me! My blessings will be more business than I can handle, a wonderful man, a long vacation, more dancing, and that hot little sports car I have been eyeballing!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Congratulations on the imminent freedom from marriage, Sassy. At least your marriage--it seems like the marriages of others are being inflicted upon you.

2 weeks is a long time to wait for such a necessary diversion but at least you have singles.net to fall back on should the tension become too much. BTW, I bet you'd look real nice in a hot little sports car!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Xavierism said...

Congrats, congrats! It's on now! :)

Wow...any compliment from a stylish gay man is truly exceptional. I'm certain that you look fabulous...I have known that all along about you!

I wish you all the best in 2008! This is gonna be a great year for you!

Much love & joy!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home