Monday, January 21, 2008
Benny Boy, My Wannabee

I sent Bedroom Eyes an email thanking him for the nice dinner and lovely evening on Saturday night when I got home from our date....no word from him.

Ben--on the other hand--is a different story. If you will recall, I mentioned Jadey met him and told him he needed to meet me. We invited him to join us for coffee yesterday afternoon. He is nice, charming, continental (he is from Tunisia), well-traveled, well-dressed, funny, smart & very short. I tower over him and I am a wee thing even with my propensity to wear 2" - 3.5" heels. I like tall men. Anyway, back to the tale. He was rather blase when we first met, that is, until I put on lip gloss and then he lost his train of thought and he was hooked on Sassy. We did exchange phone numbers and email because I was still under the mistaken impression that he was merely interested in meeting new friends (not of the romantic/sexual kind). I have officially heard from him more since yesterday afternoon than I heard from Bedroom Eyes since he & I first started chatting! Ben called tonight to wish me beautiful dreams. Very sweet and if he were taller (and not the father of FOUR children) I might consider him.

My cutie-pie in NC got in touch with me and I felt bad. I asked him if he forgot to get back to me on the date we were planning (I am still ouching from Mr. C's callous standup) and he told me they got news about his mother (she has cancer) that was not good and he has been trying to get a handle on it. So, I took him outta the graveyard.

Then, yesterday, I was talking to a friend about this cool marriage proposal I got when I was 19. The story led me to wonder what that guy was up to. Last I knew he had moved to NJ to lick his wounds over my rejection of his marriage proposal. Well, he moved back to the area. I sent him a little card and gave him my number & email in case he wants to meet up and discuss the good old days. We shall see if Tony decides to contact me. We used to have a blast together!

As I write this, I am watching the episode of Sex and the City where Burger broke up with Carrie on a post it note and she goes off on his buds about how a real man should break up with a girl. I need to start watching this series again....so love it! Such classic stories that I can definitely relate to.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Smug said...

Man, he must be short!! Our sweet Sassy is only about 5'2, 5'5 in heels. I have noticed that some really short guys seem to get off on tall women. I wonder why this is, because the opposite is very much NOT true. You have to look long and hard to find a woman that gets off on a man whose clothes are way too small for her!!

12:28 PM  
Blogger David said...

Smug wondered why small men get off on tall women. Allow me to answer from a man's perspective. It is because their eye level is where 99.9% of all men look anyway. Simple. Men are simple to figure out. Let me know if I can help you out with anything else.
HAHA

1:24 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Smug--I think David hit it on the head....he is handy for some things!!

David...glad to see you back!

2:25 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

David makes a lot of sense. Of course having the name "David" makes him seem smart right from the get-go.

I don't remember who Cutie-pie is but I'm still hoping that Mr C will come back into the picture. Ben sounds like he has potential---height shouldn't be such a strong factor, Sassy. Try to look beyond the physical!! (I'll convieniently ignore my inability to ignore boob size here. LOL)

In any case, good luck with the three or so fellas you're thinking about, Sass.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home