Thursday, October 16, 2008
The Unbearable Lightness of Love


I write a lot of "fluff" posts about silly and mostly highly exaggerated events from my life--I am sure you never guessed that. One thing my mamma taught me was to find the humor in any situation. It is a survival tactic.

Love seems like such a simple concept. It should be simple...man and woman meet, sparks fly, chemistry sets explode and the rest is history. It seems that doesn't happen enough. I know a handful of couples that are in love and love each other. I look at them with amazement and wonder "will that type of love ever be in my life?"

We all have baggage we drag around and into relationships and that baggage causes us to stumble through the whole love maze. I used to love my baggage as it was a great security blanket. But I just don't want to lug that around any longer. I use it to build up my biceps for a day or so and then leave it behind. I may look at pictures of it from time to time to remind me where I have come from and how much stronger and better I am today, but I don't pick it back up.

Will love come to me? It has in various forms, but romantic love doesn't seem to stay. I desire it to come camp out for the rest of my life. I desire to meet the "one", but I refuse to get discouraged. Life is too sweet and too interesting to let my happiness hang on that one factor alone. And as I have said before--life is a rollercoaster and I signed up for the full-impact, live life to the fullest adventure package. Whether love comes or not...I intend to be a happy person who enjoys what life has to offer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home