Saturday, October 11, 2008
How I Know Its Going to End

As soon as the current flavor issues the ill-fated phrase, "Lets plan a beach trip", I know that the countdown has begun. The first time it happened, I had made the reservations at his behest and two weeks before we were to go, he broke up with me.

The next guy who uttered the phrase disappeared on me the week before, only to resurface many months later. I got wise after that incident and when a guy utters the phrase "you, me & a beach trip" I express mild enthusiasm, encourage HIM to make the reservations, and start placing bets with the gfs when the break-up will be. It is a running joke now amongst my circle. The beach obviously knows something I don't about these gentlemen and it doesn't want me there with the wrong guy.

Nicholas and I are a planning a weekend getaway Halloween weekend if all goes as planned. He fortunately has not uttered the ill-fated words. We are meeting in Charlottesville, VA. He is making all the reservations and plans....I merely have to show up. This is a novelty for me. It seems it has always been on my shoulders to plan weekend getaways. I have never had a guy do it all and I am looking forward to it. I am excited about spending time with him.

Nicholas is an extremely intelligent man and I enjoy our conversations. He is also very good looking and more than a little eye candy for me. I feel like a teenager when he calls and my friend D can attest that I have a glow and huge smile on my face when Nicholas and I talk. She has banned me from talking to him when I drive with her in the car. I confess, I gaze longingly at his picture many times a day. He is a beautiful looking man...yummers...and I get to have him to myself for a weekend. Of course, I hope it leads to many more such weekends and he has expressed the same sentiment. Time will tell. I am excited about him and seeing where it all goes, but the practical side is holding back and just waiting to see what happens.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home