Saturday, October 04, 2008
Horizons


My life is jam-packed at the moment with school. Sometimes I have to remind myself why I am getting my Masters (more money, more career choices, the accomplishment of it all). I get a wee bit frustrated with all the projects that are due. We are adults taking these courses and we have jobs and lives and I think the professors lose sight of that fact. I keep saying "6 more classes, 6 more classes, 6 more classes". It doesn't sound like much, but two classes during tax season is enough to make anyone slightly batty and frankly, two classes right now is taxing (punny, huh?).

I have a fair amount of work right now, but not consistently. I have been approached by a woman to be her official tax guru on this woman-directed website she is launching soon. She wants me to consider becoming a life coach for women, writing a book, and producing some informational videos. WOW! I told her I needed a few days to think about it. She is enamored with my unique business model and how I work with my clients. She sees great things in my future and she wants to help me achieve them.

Another opportunity came up over the summer. I was hired by an existing client to be her Marketing Director. I stepped up to the challenge. Her business is rapidly growing and expansion into other states is or will be happening in the near future. She wants to me to do not only her accounting and marketing, but also her HR needs. This job will require travel all across the U.S. It is possible I will move temporarily to Baltimore before the year is out. I love to travel and I have no strings tying me down. Very very appealing.

The third opportunity does not have a time frame, but a local life coach I have been working with has mentioned that she envisions me becoming the CFO for her company. She is another who fell head over heels with my unique business model and has been spreading the word that I am an accountant that women should want to deal with.

I am excited about the possibilities that are before me.

Then there is the man front....Bryan, Mr. C, Hottie Nicky-boy....mmmmmm I love having choices. A trifecta in my life on different fronts....coincidence? I think not!

Here's to rolling the dice and creating the horizons.

The only downside right now is the stinkbug invasion! I would so love to throw open my doors and windows to bask in the cool crisp fall air, but alas! the stinkbugs find the tiniest of spaces to crawl in. I have taken to vacuuming them up. I wonder how long they last in a vacuum bag? Can they crawl back out? Ewwwwww!!!

The homework slave has cracked her whip...back to writing papers on tax fraud and better business communication habits. Back to filming video presentations about same subjects. Back to wondering where in the hell my pen went and why the damn <, key keeps popping off the keyboard.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

sassy, sounds like the people around you are truly appreciating you for your multiple talents :)
it's so lovely to hear you excited and happy about life!!!
you are an inspiration to me!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Smug said...

Sounds like you are really happy! You should be! All the areas of your life are full and busy and challanging!!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home