Saturday, July 26, 2008
Feng Shui This

My lease is up on my apartment in September. I am moving out and have decided to pare down on the amount of stuff I am moving. I have discovered the joys of advertising stuff on Craigslist and freecycle. Sassy's booty camp workout has resumed once again and Smug (un)happily has rejoined! She helped me haul out about 10 heavy bags of garbage today. The upside is that she is shopping the Sassy Home Boutique for various and sundry things.

It is truly liberating to go from over 75 cookbooks down to 10. I have gotten rid of my stockpile of craft magazines. The next things to be sorted through is my collection of fiction books and my crafts. I have decided to donate unused craft items to a youth center (if they will ever call back). I am even getting rid of a large assortment of cookware that I just have not touched in years.

My clothing and large collection of shoes & accessories is not off-limits either. I have three bags of clothes to go to Goodwill--that was just from my two dressers. I still have a large walk-in closet and spare closet to go through. The nieces have been making a dent into some of my stuff. They hauled off several bags of booty this week. I have to watch out for the younger one. She is definitely a tricky squirrel. I had to check her stuff to make sure she left behind my Ipod as she kept swiping it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love throwing stuff out every so often - it's perfect balance to my habit of gathering stuff.

4:41 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

It'd be interesting to see your apartment after the clearing out is over. You should take before and after pictures to amaze your readers, Sassy.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Smug said...

I will shop in the cookware department and book store again this week. While my legs are a bit sore from the booty camp, I had fun! I am thinking that I should take advantage of as much time with you as I can, since it may be decreasing by large amounts soon! How does Wednesday after worklook for you? Or Thursday after work?

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home