Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Diary of Shoe Addicts





I had my nieces all day last Thursday and what a blast that was! My apartment still has not recovered from the chaos that these two lovelies bring with them (hmmm I cannot deny they are related to me as I am often accused of the same phenomenon).

The first thing they did was make a beeline for my jewelry armoire to oooh, aaah, and beg for some of my sparklies & cool watches. Being the doting aunt...I handed over a motherlode of stuff! I gave the oldest my old wedding band & engagement ring and to the youngest this delicate amethyst necklace and earring set the ex-hub had given me. I also gave them a few pieces that my mother had given me. Those were the things I was planning to give them...they managed to weedle some of favorite pieces...like my purple boa watch...I am still kicking myself over that one! Then they discovered my cache of over 100 nail polishes...really...what can one person do with 100 polishes? I gave them the majority of them. They thought they had hit the jackpot!

We headed to the pool for several hours and what a great time we all had! We got back, cleaned up and I made lunch. The seven year old is tricky like Aunt Sassy....she went hunting for more treasures...and found my hooker shoe stash! She beelined for my 4" leopard print heels and I talked her into the 2.5" turquoise heels instead so I didn't have to cart her to the hospital (she is also clutzy like Auntie Sassy). The 12 year old then found my 4" red satin wedgies from Smug's wedding...and fell in love. I agreed to let them wear the shoes on the drive home. We modeled our hooker shoes:



I came home with all but the red satin 4" wedgies. Mom was ready to kill Aunt Sassy I do believe...or it could be she was envious because her foot is a lot bigger than mine and she can't wear my cool shoes like her daughters can!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Smug said...

It sounds like you had a real blast with them!

1:28 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Those turquoise ones are a little over the top, Sassy. It's nice that you had a great time with the kids--I think you need a few of your own. Of course, just borrowing them is a lot more fun.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home