Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Smoking Gun III

So now Dancing B is inundating me with "guilt" IMs and emails....*sigh*...wish he would just go away now. Why do people do that with the guilt? I confess, I have used that too to try to get my way in the past. I always thought it was a feminine tactic, but men seem to use that tool as freely as women do. Guess Dancing B didn't take me too seriously when I said I was stubborn and nothing gets my stubborn up quicker than trying to guilt me into doing something. My mom was queen of the guilt trips and I became immune to them at some point. Although, if mom were still alive, I have no doubt she could guilt me quicker than I blink into doing something ;).

Scott boy is firming up plans for a visit to the states in July. I am meeting his daughter at the same time. Kids make me more nervous than their fathers ever will. Every man thinks his kid is different and will just "love" the new love interest. Yikes! I have had experience on both ends of the step-parent spectrum and I can tell you that is a minefield of emotions. I think I will need a drink. Scotty boy is a widower and I think that adds to the delicacy of the situation. I could be wrong and indeed, Scott boy assures me I am. He says his daughter has told him he needs to get out and meet someone and she is delighted that he has met me and I make him laugh & smile once more.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure she's gonna love you.

Shoot, who doesn't??!

5:07 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Slick...mmmmm not sure how to take that final comment...

7:27 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I've never understood why people would try to coerce others into seeing them. Doesn't this dance fellow realize that if he did succeed in guilting you into seeing him, that you'd resent him for it? What basis is that for a good relationship? Weird guy--and he smokes. Ewww.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home