Friday, November 28, 2008
Affairs of the Facebook

I am a self-proclaimed Facebook addict. I use it primarily for business. I have made a lot of connections in the community I wouldn't have normally and have gotten clients from my presence on FB. I also chat and play games with my friends on there.

The one thing I have notice on FB is that men--married men at that--from other countries are trolling FB for their next fling when they are in the states. I have had no less than four men recently approach me about getting together when they are in the states for seminar or business trip. I guess FB is the pimp mobile for the business man on the prowl.

I guess it is possible to make a romantic connection on Facebook, but I won't be holding my breath. Speaking of romantic connections....I am handing out the Asshole of the Year award to a man I met on Craigslist. On the surface he seemed to be a nice prospect:

There must be an attractive, classy, lady who is....way past the local college(frat-boy) bar scene, and seeking a tall, handsome, fit, educated, professional, mature man, non-drug user, non-smoker, with no baggage. You might be a grad-student, or even a professor. Or maybe you're a professional with one of the local area companies. You love to keep fit by being active, exercising, like travel, water, sporting events, and quiet, peaceful times at home. You have good taste, high expectations, and you're not willing to settle. Neither am I.

I should have known better to answer an ad with bad comma placement.

He turned out to be an asshole looking for anorexic arm candy. I am curvy arm candy. Apparently, he is more concerned with looks than the entire package as he indicates in his ad. We all have our own tastes of what we find attractive in the opposite sex. I don't have an issue with that. Some men like super skinny, other men like curves. I just wish men like "Fred" here would be more open about it rather than slip it into the fifth email exchange so I don't waste my time. I have real women curves and apparently that is scary for Fred, but he should have stated that up front. Fred also is far more concerned with what he will get out of the relationship. Fred thinks he is the only who should be considered in the relationship. I say this based on our email exchange. Fred is living la loca in my opinion. He has high expectations for the woman he wants and none for himself. I haven't seen a picture of him (he doesn't share until he decides the candidate meets all his requirements--what if he doesn't meet their physical requirements???), but I am willing to bet he is no Brad Pitt {insert your favorite famous hottie} and the conversations with him in a face to face probably go something like this: me, me, me, me, me, me, oh yes a very little you, ME, ME ME!

I would rewrite his ad to read:

There must be an anorexic, gorgeous, lady who is....way past the local college(frat-boy) bar scene, and seeking a narcissistic, arrogant asshole who won't spend much time being concerned about what you are getting out of the relationship. You might be a grad-student, or even a professor. Or maybe you're a professional with one of the local area companies. You love to keep fit by being active, exercising, like travel, water, sporting events, and quiet, peaceful times at home. You have good taste, high expectations, and you're not willing to settle. Neither am I...I will require you to have regular weigh-ins and should you gain more than 5lbs that is grounds for breakup. I will monitor your food intake and request that you eat only rabbit food and drink only water. You will be required to work out 7 days a week whether I do or not because it is far more important for you to look good on my arm.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Maybe his ad should have read: Asshole seeks woman who looks like an 8 year old boy.

3:41 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

LMAO! Leave it to you to get to the point!

3:51 PM  
Blogger unreuly said...

what a douchebag! i hope you gave him a few choice words. on second thought - don't waste any more of your time.

FB is a foreigner-man heaven! i keep getting those annoying, grammatically-unsound messages too!

7:08 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Roselle, I decided not to waste any more time on said douchebag. Life is far too short to deal with creeps like that!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home