Friday, November 14, 2008
Roomy or Roomie

It appears that a unique opportunity has come my way. A gentleman is looking for a housesitter for his corporate apartment in my area. He is never here on weekends, maybe here two days a week during the week. The apartment is roomy..two bedrooms, two baths, the usual living room, kitchen, laundry area. The apartment complex is one of the "luxury" ones in the area. I am the only person he has met with that he considers a good fit for this. In exchange for no rent, run of the apartment, I would do his laundry (which is funny cause I never did the ex-hubs), I would do errands for him when he is in town like go to dry cleaners or grocery store. He also requested that I have no visitors to the apartment when he is in town, but when he is not there he could care less.

The man is a professional. I have verified his credentials and he is who he says. I didn't get creeped out by him and he never once said anything inappropriate or stared at my chest. He is married and has a child. He made it plain that it is strictly a roomie situation and that he is not looking for fringe benefits aka sex. He has also stated that his wife will be fine with a female roomie. He travels extensively for his company and has a couple of apartments in the areas he visits frequently.

Half of my friends are encouraging me to do this and it is my inclination. The other half of my friends have the attitude that if something is too good to be true, it probably is and they think I should run run run away.

So, what do you think? Any issues I should ask about? Anything I might be overlooking?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home