Monday, November 03, 2008
The Good Times?

I have been rereading my blog from inception the past couple of days. Life has settled down in many respects. I am not doing the frantic dating merry-go-round. I have some core men I spend time with and am developing friendships with. I like that approach much better than the aimless dating game. Who knows? Maybe one of them will turn into a prince who sticks around (and whom I want to stick around).

It has been a tough year for me on a couple of different fronts. I am at a crossroads of change and I am waiting for the signs to point me in the direction I should go in. One of the changes I am considering is moving to NC. I have always been drawn to NC, but I won't be moving to the area I like the best if I go this route. The move would require some changes and sacrifices I am not sure I am prepared to make, but I would be much closer to my nieces (living with them in fact).

I have a unique opportunity to housesit a beautiful place for someone who is rarely home. That is more appealing and requires only a move down the street. I have to give that consideration because we will be housemates from time to time.

I have some other things I have been thinking about changing, but there is no clear cut answer on what I should do. I sometimes wish life came with a better road map with better picture of what our choices will lead us to. *sigh* I guess that is asking too much, eh? I really shouldn't even think about making life changing decisions right now because tomorrow is the "anniversary" of mom's death and I am always way emotional this time of year. Even though I feel that time has healed the wounds of watching my mother wither away from cancer, even though I don't spend the month of October and part of November in ready tears, it is still a far more emotional time in my year than any other. I don't seem to bounce back as easily from disappointments. I seem to be more easily hurt. I find myself not wanting to be around people so much.

I know I can't wait for 2009. I am ready for a new year with new hopes and aspirations. I am ready for 2008 and all its extreme ups and downs to be gone. I am ready for some calm after the storm. I am ready for new clients, new directions, new dreams. I embrace what has made me strong this year, but I am ready to move past needing to be so strong for so long on my own.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

aw sassy hunny. i'm sending you some major love across the miles. i know what it's like to always be the strong one, always put on a brave face, always truck along because really you're your only hope. but trust me when i tell you that you are inspiration to everyone around you - a light for others to follow and a role model for those who look up you (me included!).

xoxoxo

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's November. I can't believe it's almost been a year since Father passed away.

I'm looking forward to so many exciting projects in my life...it's all good. Take care of YOU!

Cheers!

6:25 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

*Huge Hugs* to two of my favorite people!!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

This year has been full of some really great highs and some soul crushing lows in both our lives, but we have come through them all to the other side and are stronger for it.

I don't want to see you leave "The Noke" but perhaps a change would do you some good. You have never struck me as the settle down and tow the line kind of chick. NC is not to far from here, so maybe it would be fine.

Don't make any decisions until after the holiday seasion. There is so much fun to be had! Christmas parties, cookie baking, gift wrapping, egg nog!!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home